Windows Script Host (WSH) / VBScript / JScript support? - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Windows Script Host (WSH) / VBScript / JScript support? - Veritas Backup Exec ; Hello! Is it possible to manage Backup Exec 8.0 for NT/2000 Server using WSH? Being able use wsh and vbscript to programatically monitor, add, and remove jobs would make BE an *outstanding* product. Regards, Chris...

  1. Windows Script Host (WSH) / VBScript / JScript support?

    Hello!

    Is it possible to manage Backup Exec 8.0 for NT/2000 Server using WSH? Being
    able use wsh and vbscript to programatically monitor, add, and remove jobs
    would make BE an *outstanding* product.

    Regards,
    Chris

  2. Re: Windows Script Host (WSH) / VBScript / JScript support?

    > Is it possible to manage Backup Exec 8.0 for NT/2000 Server using WSH?
    Being
    > able use wsh and vbscript to programatically monitor, add, and remove jobs

    I haven't noticed it in 8.0, but in the recently released 8.5 I noticed
    there was a MOF file included in the Winnt\WMI directory..
    Looks like it can be used to get info from the jobs, but nothing more at the
    moment.

    Would be very nice to be able to run a series of your own checks on the
    backup servers each day before the shift ends, to make sure everything is
    allright

    > would make BE an *outstanding* product.

    Indeed.

    Regards,
    Heine Jeppesen

  3. Re: Windows Script Host (WSH) / VBScript / JScript support?

    On Wed, 27 Sep 2000 23:09:49 +0200, "Heine Jeppesen"
    wrote:

    >I haven't noticed it in 8.0, but in the recently released 8.5 I noticed
    >there was a MOF file included in the Winnt\WMI directory..
    >Looks like it can be used to get info from the jobs, but nothing more at the
    >moment.

    Cant find anything other than the perfmon pointers :-(

    >Would be very nice to be able to run a series of your own checks on the
    >backup servers each day before the shift ends, to make sure everything is
    >allright

    Yep

    >> would make BE an *outstanding* product.

    Well the snmp traps are getting there .... slowly

+ Reply to Thread