Win 2000 AS Cluster with Backup v8 AS - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Win 2000 AS Cluster with Backup v8 AS - Veritas Backup Exec ; Hi. We have a new Win 2000 AS 2 Node Cluster and have installed Backup Exec v8. We provided two license keys to ensure cluster support is installed, along with two keys for the SQL Agent to backup the SQL ...

  1. Win 2000 AS Cluster with Backup v8 AS

    Hi.

    We have a new Win 2000 AS 2 Node Cluster and have installed Backup Exec v8.

    We provided two license keys to ensure cluster support is installed, along
    with two keys for the SQL Agent to backup the SQL v7 (SP2) database running
    on the cluster. There is an external DLT 80 drive sat on each server on the
    local SCSI bus.

    When we load up Backup Exec, we logon onto the BE Virtual server running on
    the Cluster with the username which runs the cluster and the BE service
    accounts.

    The problem is that we then cannot choose anything to backup.

    We can browse the network and see the other machines in the domain but
    cannot backup any resource, be it the local disks or anything over the
    network.

    Have we missed a step or is something wrong?

    Thanks for your help.

    Chris.

  2. Re: Win 2000 AS Cluster with Backup v8 AS

    you need Agent Accelerator licenses to back up remote servers.
    "Chris Booth" wrote in message
    > Hi.
    >
    > We have a new Win 2000 AS 2 Node Cluster and have installed Backup Exec

    v8.

    > We provided two license keys to ensure cluster support is installed, along
    > with two keys for the SQL Agent to backup the SQL v7 (SP2) database

    running
    > on the cluster. There is an external DLT 80 drive sat on each server on

    the
    > local SCSI bus.
    >
    > When we load up Backup Exec, we logon onto the BE Virtual server running

    on
    > the Cluster with the username which runs the cluster and the BE service
    > accounts.
    >
    > The problem is that we then cannot choose anything to backup.
    >
    > We can browse the network and see the other machines in the domain but
    > cannot backup any resource, be it the local disks or anything over the
    > network.
    >
    > Have we missed a step or is something wrong?
    >
    > Thanks for your help.
    >
    > Chris.

  3. Re: Win 2000 AS Cluster with Backup v8 AS

    Hi.

    Thanks for the pointer.

    We cannot even backup the disks on the local servers in the cluster or the
    SQL databases running on the Virtual SQL server.

    Thanks,

    Chris.

    "whtwolf" wrote in message news:39cc1ba7@hronntp01....
    > you need Agent Accelerator licenses to back up remote servers.
    > "Chris Booth" wrote in message
    > > Hi.
    > >
    > > We have a new Win 2000 AS 2 Node Cluster and have installed Backup Exec

    > v8.
    > >
    > > We provided two license keys to ensure cluster support is installed,

    along
    > > with two keys for the SQL Agent to backup the SQL v7 (SP2) database

    > running
    > > on the cluster. There is an external DLT 80 drive sat on each server on

    > the
    > > local SCSI bus.
    > >
    > > When we load up Backup Exec, we logon onto the BE Virtual server running

    > on
    > > the Cluster with the username which runs the cluster and the BE service
    > > accounts.
    > >
    > > The problem is that we then cannot choose anything to backup.
    > >
    > > We can browse the network and see the other machines in the domain but
    > > cannot backup any resource, be it the local disks or anything over the
    > > network.
    > >
    > > Have we missed a step or is something wrong?
    > >
    > > Thanks for your help.
    > >
    > > Chris.

  4. Re: Win 2000 AS Cluster with Backup v8 AS

    Chris, I believe whtwolf is correct. You'll need the NTAA to also protect
    the local drives.

    "Chris Booth" wrote:
    >Hi.
    >
    >Thanks for the pointer.
    >
    >We cannot even backup the disks on the local servers in the cluster or the
    >SQL databases running on the Virtual SQL server.
    >
    >Thanks,
    >
    >Chris.
    >
    >"whtwolf" wrote in message news:39cc1ba7@hronntp01....
    >> you need Agent Accelerator licenses to back up remote servers.
    >> "Chris Booth" wrote in message
    >> > Hi.
    >> >
    >> > We have a new Win 2000 AS 2 Node Cluster and have installed Backup Exec

    >> v8.
    >> >
    >> > We provided two license keys to ensure cluster support is installed,

    >along
    >> > with two keys for the SQL Agent to backup the SQL v7 (SP2) database

    >> running
    >> > on the cluster. There is an external DLT 80 drive sat on each server

    on
    >> the
    >> > local SCSI bus.
    >> >
    >> > When we load up Backup Exec, we logon onto the BE Virtual server running

    >> on
    >> > the Cluster with the username which runs the cluster and the BE service
    >> > accounts.
    >> >
    >> > The problem is that we then cannot choose anything to backup.
    >> >
    >> > We can browse the network and see the other machines in the domain but
    >> > cannot backup any resource, be it the local disks or anything over the
    >> > network.
    >> >
    >> > Have we missed a step or is something wrong?
    >> >
    >> > Thanks for your help.
    >> >
    >> > Chris.

+ Reply to Thread