Event-ID 34305 and34304 - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Event-ID 34305 and34304 - Veritas Backup Exec ; Symptom: All backup jobs complete succesfully but the restore selections list remains empty. Checking the NT Event viewer application log will reveal the details Event Type: Error Event Source: Backup Exec Catalog Server Event Category: None Event ID: 34304 or/and ...

  1. Event-ID 34305 and34304

    Symptom:

    All backup jobs complete succesfully but the restore selections list remains
    empty.

    Checking the NT Event viewer application log will reveal the details
    Event Type: Error
    Event Source: Backup Exec Catalog Server
    Event Category: None
    Event ID: 34304 or/and 34305
    User: None
    Computer: ASTERIX

    great thanks for your help

    Claudia

  2. Re: Event-ID 34305 and34304

    Hi,

    Do you have some U01 files under the catalog library ??
    If you do then try to stop all services and delete the BeTopCat file, start
    all services and the file will be created by BE again. If this don't help
    then post a new message.

    Morten from Denmark

    Claudia Piontek Germany skrev i meddelelsen <39b4976f$1@hronntp01.>...

    >Symptom:
    >
    >All backup jobs complete succesfully but the restore selections list

    remains
    >empty.
    >
    >Checking the NT Event viewer application log will reveal the details
    >Event Type: Error
    >Event Source: Backup Exec Catalog Server
    >Event Category: None
    >Event ID: 34304 or/and 34305
    >User: None
    >Computer: ASTERIX
    >
    >great thanks for your help
    >
    >Claudia

  3. Re: Event-ID 34305 and34304

    Hallo,

    I had read all infos to "restore" from this Newsgroup.
    And I had delet the BeTopCat-file. The new file, while starting all services,
    has the same size.
    We logged on as Administrator. Administrator is in the group Domain-Admin
    and Administrator.

    What can i do ??

    Claudia

    "Morten Wiingreen" wrote:
    >Hi,
    >
    >Do you have some U01 files under the catalog library ??
    >If you do then try to stop all services and delete the BeTopCat file, start
    >all services and the file will be created by BE again. If this don't help
    >then post a new message.
    >
    >Morten from Denmark
    >
    >Claudia Piontek Germany skrev i meddelelsen <39b4976f$1@hronntp01.>...
    >>
    >>Symptom:
    >>
    >>All backup jobs complete succesfully but the restore selections list

    >remains
    >>empty.
    >>
    >>Checking the NT Event viewer application log will reveal the details
    >>Event Type: Error
    >>Event Source: Backup Exec Catalog Server
    >>Event Category: None
    >>Event ID: 34304 or/and 34305
    >>User: None
    >>Computer: ASTERIX
    >>
    >>great thanks for your help
    >>
    >>Claudia

  4. Re: Event-ID 34305 and34304

    Hello again,

    we had a problem like yours a few weeks ago.
    According to som info in the knowlegdebase for BE the cause was a defekt
    pvl.ldb file in the "\backup exec\nt" library. The knowledgebase said the
    file could be found on the install cd, but we could'nt find it.
    And finally we made a backup of the BE directory on the local harddrive.
    We then reinstalled the program on top of the running BE, so that we did'nt
    loose all logs and catalog informations and this solved the problem for us.

    Regards

    Morten

    Claudia Piontek Germany skrev i meddelelsen <39b4d784$1@hronntp01.>...

    >Hallo,
    >
    >I had read all infos to "restore" from this Newsgroup.
    >And I had delet the BeTopCat-file. The new file, while starting all

    services,
    >has the same size.
    >We logged on as Administrator. Administrator is in the group Domain-Admin
    >and Administrator.
    >
    >What can i do ??
    >
    >Claudia
    >
    >"Morten Wiingreen" wrote:
    >>Hi,
    >>
    >>Do you have some U01 files under the catalog library ??
    >>If you do then try to stop all services and delete the BeTopCat file,

    start
    >>all services and the file will be created by BE again. If this don't help
    >>then post a new message.
    >>
    >>Morten from Denmark
    >>
    >>Claudia Piontek Germany skrev i meddelelsen <39b4976f$1@hronntp01.>...
    >>>
    >>>Symptom:
    >>>
    >>>All backup jobs complete succesfully but the restore selections list

    >>remains
    >>>empty.
    >>>
    >>>Checking the NT Event viewer application log will reveal the details
    >>>Event Type: Error
    >>>Event Source: Backup Exec Catalog Server
    >>>Event Category: None
    >>>Event ID: 34304 or/and 34305
    >>>User: None
    >>>Computer: ASTERIX