HP DLT 418 Autoloader problem - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on HP DLT 418 Autoloader problem - Veritas Backup Exec ; Is there any way to control which slot BENT 7.3 takes a tape from the magazine? We have the 6 slot magazine that's left in all week loaded with 5 tapes labeled Monday thru Friday, left to right and a ...

  1. HP DLT 418 Autoloader problem

    Is there any way to control which slot BENT 7.3 takes a tape from the magazine?
    We have the 6 slot magazine that's left in all week loaded with 5 tapes
    labeled Monday thru Friday, left to right and a cleaning tape . It would
    be great if the tapes were pulled from the mag in that order, ie. the Mon.
    backup was taken from slot 1, Tue. from slot 2, etc. It seems to be taking
    the tapes from the mag. in random order each night. Anyone have any ideas?
    Thanks.

  2. Re: HP DLT 418 Autoloader problem

    You need to find the "partion utility" that is shipped on the BENT CD.
    (partutil.exe?)
    Then you send jobs to partions created that represent slots in the 418.
    Hope this helps

    jk

    Jeff wrote in message news:39ae7eeb@hronntp01....

    > Is there any way to control which slot BENT 7.3 takes a tape from the

    magazine?
    > We have the 6 slot magazine that's left in all week loaded with 5 tapes
    > labeled Monday thru Friday, left to right and a cleaning tape . It would
    > be great if the tapes were pulled from the mag in that order, ie. the Mon.
    > backup was taken from slot 1, Tue. from slot 2, etc. It seems to be

    taking
    > the tapes from the mag. in random order each night. Anyone have any

    ideas?
    > Thanks.

+ Reply to Thread