My backup schedule is as follows:
Wed: Full backup
Thu: Copy backup
Fri - Tue: differential backup

The sttings on the Media Set are:
Retention Period = Infinite
Append Period = Infinite

My copy backup operation has failed reporting the following error:

"Append operations cannot be performed on this storage media"

My guess is that the tape is full. My question is: if I change the Retention
Period to 14 days and keep the Append Period infinite, will this solve the
problem? I believe this way the media will be appended to until the tape
is full - even if the retention period expires. After the tape becomes full
it will be overwritten. The exception to this is if the tape becomes full
before the retention period expires. Am I correct?

I'm using BENT 7.0.

I appreciate any response.