An error was encountered writing to the on-disk catalogs - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on An error was encountered writing to the on-disk catalogs - Veritas Backup Exec ; After our nightly backups run and I enter BackupExec to check the status, I have been getting an error message that says an error was encountered writing to the on-disk catalogs. My backups run fine. I just can't understand why ...

  1. An error was encountered writing to the on-disk catalogs

    After our nightly backups run and I enter BackupExec to check the status,
    I have been getting an error message that says an error was encountered writing
    to the on-disk catalogs. My backups run fine. I just can't understand why
    we are getting this message. Any ideas? I can find no information about
    this in the knowledge base. Thanks.

  2. Re: An error was encountered writing to the on-disk catalogs

    See TechNote ID: 191613 at http://seer.support.veritas.com/tnotes/bewnt/191613.htm

    Amy Winningham wrote:

    > After our nightly backups run and I enter BackupExec to check the status,
    > I have been getting an error message that says an error was encountered writing
    > to the on-disk catalogs. My backups run fine. I just can't understand why
    > we are getting this message. Any ideas? I can find no information about
    > this in the knowledge base. Thanks.

  3. Re: An error was encountered writing to the on-disk catalogs

    see TechNote ID: 203922 at http://seer.support.veritas.com/tnotes/bewnt/203922.htm
    and
    TechNote ID: 190598 at http://seer.support.veritas.com/tnotes/bewnt/190598.htm

    Amy Winningham wrote:

    > After our nightly backups run and I enter BackupExec to check the status,
    > I have been getting an error message that says an error was encountered writing
    > to the on-disk catalogs. My backups run fine. I just can't understand why
    > we are getting this message. Any ideas? I can find no information about
    > this in the knowledge base. Thanks.

  4. Re: An error was encountered writing to the on-disk catalogs

    "Amy Winningham" wrote:

    >After our nightly backups run and I enter BackupExec to check the status,
    >I have been getting an error message that says an error was encountered

    writing
    >to the on-disk catalogs. My backups run fine. I just can't understand

    why
    >we are getting this message. Any ideas? I can find no information about
    >this in the knowledge base. Thanks.

    If this is still a live thread see tech note 191613

+ Reply to Thread