BENT kepps creating user profiles... Why? - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on BENT kepps creating user profiles... Why? - Veritas Backup Exec ; Is there a reason that BENT 8 keeps re-creating its backup user? I'm using Windows 2000 and my machine name is GATEKEEPER. I've attached a screenshot of the contents of my Documents and Settings folder. For example, I had it ...

  1. BENT kepps creating user profiles... Why?

    Is there a reason that BENT 8 keeps re-creating its backup user?

    I'm using Windows 2000 and my machine name is GATEKEEPER. I've attached a
    screenshot of the contents of my Documents and Settings folder.

    For example, I had it create a user called BENT to do the backup jobs as.
    Now, under the "Documents and Settings" folder I have 'Administrator', 'All
    Users', 'Default User', 'Sterling' and "BENT". Those are the normal folders
    and are OK.

    The Problem is that there is also 'BENT.GATEKEEPER', 'BENT.GATEKEEPER.000'
    through 'BENT.GATEKEEPER.053'... 55 extra user folders total (see
    attachment).

    Does anybody know how I can prevent this from happening?

    Thanks in advance.
    -Sterling

  2. Re: BENT kepps creating user profiles... Why?

    Sorry about the double post. Won't happen again

  3. Re: BENT kepps creating user profiles... Why?

    Are you using SMS in this domain?

    "Sterling Chavis" wrote in message
    > Is there a reason that BENT 8 keeps re-creating its backup user?
    >
    > I'm using Windows 2000 and my machine name is GATEKEEPER. I've attached a
    > screenshot of the contents of my Documents and Settings folder.
    >
    > For example, I had it create a user called BENT to do the backup jobs as.
    > Now, under the "Documents and Settings" folder I have 'Administrator',

    'All
    > Users', 'Default User', 'Sterling' and "BENT". Those are the normal

    folders
    > and are OK.
    >
    > The Problem is that there is also 'BENT.GATEKEEPER', 'BENT.GATEKEEPER.000'
    > through 'BENT.GATEKEEPER.053'... 55 extra user folders total (see
    > attachment).
    >
    > Does anybody know how I can prevent this from happening?
    >
    > Thanks in advance.
    > -Sterling

  4. Re: BENT kepps creating user profiles... Why?

    I'm not using SMS to my knowledge. Also, It's just a workgroup, there's no
    domain.

    "JT Clark" wrote in message
    > Are you using SMS in this domain?
    >

    > "Sterling Chavis" wrote in message
    > > Is there a reason that BENT 8 keeps re-creating its backup user?
    > >
    > > I'm using Windows 2000 and my machine name is GATEKEEPER. I've attached

    > > screenshot of the contents of my Documents and Settings folder.
    > >
    > > For example, I had it create a user called BENT to do the backup jobs

    as.
    > > Now, under the "Documents and Settings" folder I have 'Administrator',

    > 'All
    > > Users', 'Default User', 'Sterling' and "BENT". Those are the normal

    > folders
    > > and are OK.
    > >
    > > The Problem is that there is also 'BENT.GATEKEEPER',

    'BENT.GATEKEEPER.000'
    > > through 'BENT.GATEKEEPER.053'... 55 extra user folders total (see
    > > attachment).
    > >
    > > Does anybody know how I can prevent this from happening?
    > >
    > > Thanks in advance.
    > > -Sterling

  5. Re: BENT kepps creating user profiles... Why?

    that looks a lot like a corrupt user profile.
    each of those numbered profiles are actually a copy of the profile it was
    trying to use but found it to be corrupt.
    welcome to active directory heck.
    and the only time backup exec creates a user profile is during the
    installation.
    thats a microsoft deal here

    > I'm not using SMS to my knowledge. Also, It's just a workgroup, there's no
    > domain.
    >
    > "JT Clark" wrote in message
    > > Are you using SMS in this domain?
    > >

    > > "Sterling Chavis" wrote in message
    > > > Is there a reason that BENT 8 keeps re-creating its backup user?
    > > >
    > > > I'm using Windows 2000 and my machine name is GATEKEEPER. I've

    attached
    > > > screenshot of the contents of my Documents and Settings folder.
    > > >
    > > > For example, I had it create a user called BENT to do the backup jobs

    > as.
    > > > Now, under the "Documents and Settings" folder I have 'Administrator',

    > > 'All
    > > > Users', 'Default User', 'Sterling' and "BENT". Those are the normal

    > > folders
    > > > and are OK.
    > > >
    > > > The Problem is that there is also 'BENT.GATEKEEPER',

    > 'BENT.GATEKEEPER.000'
    > > > through 'BENT.GATEKEEPER.053'... 55 extra user folders total (see
    > > > attachment).
    > > >
    > > > Does anybody know how I can prevent this from happening?
    > > >
    > > > Thanks in advance.
    > > > -Sterling

+ Reply to Thread