I need some help for this message "Media Overwrite Protection is configured to overwrite imported media" - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on I need some help for this message "Media Overwrite Protection is configured to overwrite imported media" - Veritas Backup Exec ; I will disable all option into BE then he tell me always the same messages! Here is the right message that I receive: Overwriting imported media 'DTL000014' Media Overwrite Protection os configured to overwrite imported media. Please consult the online ...

  1. I need some help for this message "Media Overwrite Protection is configured to overwrite imported media"

    I will disable all option into BE then he tell me always the same messages!

    Here is the right message that I receive:

    Overwriting imported media 'DTL000014'
    Media Overwrite Protection os configured to overwrite imported media.
    Please consult the online help for more information on imported media.
    press ok or continue

    I hope that BE is able to overwrite tape or create a new one without any manuel operation!

    What is the right configuration to help us with this problem?

    Thanks

    Steve Gaucher
    TMI
    steve.gaucher@tmiconsult.com

  2. Re: I need some help for this message "Media Overwrite Protection isconfigured to overwrite imported media"

    If the tape is not in BackupExec's catalog, it is considered imported.

    Go to Tools/Options/Media Overwrite

    Sounds like what you want is
    Partial
    but uncheck the prompt before media overwrite box

    > Steve Gaucher wrote:
    >
    > I will disable all option into BE then he tell me always the same
    > messages!
    >
    > Here is the right message that I receive:
    >
    > Overwriting imported media 'DTL000014'
    > Media Overwrite Protection os configured to overwrite imported media.
    > Please consult the online help for more information on imported media.
    > press ok or continue
    >

    > I hope that BE is able to overwrite tape or create a new one without
    > any manuel operation!
    >
    > What is the right configuration to help us with this problem?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Steve Gaucher
    > TMI
    > steve.gaucher@tmiconsult.com

  3. Re: I need some help for this message "Media Overwrite Protection is configured to overwrite imported media"

    This option os already at none, so I hope that I remove all security and I
    uncheck the the option for the prompt before media overwrite box.

    I really don't understand why he ask to overwrtite! I thing that all options
    are correct!

    "Ken Putnam" wrote in message
    > If the tape is not in BackupExec's catalog, it is considered imported.
    >
    > Go to Tools/Options/Media Overwrite
    >
    > Sounds like what you want is
    > Partial
    > but uncheck the prompt before media overwrite box
    >
    > > Steve Gaucher wrote:
    > >
    > > I will disable all option into BE then he tell me always the same
    > > messages!
    > >
    > > Here is the right message that I receive:
    > >
    > > Overwriting imported media 'DTL000014'
    > > Media Overwrite Protection os configured to overwrite imported media.
    > > Please consult the online help for more information on imported media.
    > > press ok or continue
    > >

    > > I hope that BE is able to overwrite tape or create a new one without
    > > any manuel operation!
    > >
    > > What is the right configuration to help us with this problem?
    > >
    > > Thanks
    > >
    > > Steve Gaucher
    > > TMI
    > > steve.gaucher@tmiconsult.com

  4. Re: I need some help for this message "Media Overwrite Protection is configured to overwrite imported media"

    i get this alert anytime i rotate some new tapes in.
    for me it is just an informational alert and the backup starts anyway.

    "Steve Gaucher" wrote in message
    > This option os already at none, so I hope that I remove all security and I
    > uncheck the the option for the prompt before media overwrite box.
    >
    > I really don't understand why he ask to overwrtite! I thing that all

    options
    > are correct!
    >

    > "Ken Putnam" wrote in message
    > > If the tape is not in BackupExec's catalog, it is considered imported.
    > >
    > > Go to Tools/Options/Media Overwrite
    > >
    > > Sounds like what you want is
    > > Partial
    > > but uncheck the prompt before media overwrite box
    > >
    > > > Steve Gaucher wrote:
    > > >
    > > > I will disable all option into BE then he tell me always the same
    > > > messages!
    > > >
    > > > Here is the right message that I receive:
    > > >
    > > > Overwriting imported media 'DTL000014'
    > > > Media Overwrite Protection os configured to overwrite imported media.
    > > > Please consult the online help for more information on imported media.
    > > > press ok or continue
    > > >

    > > > I hope that BE is able to overwrite tape or create a new one without
    > > > any manuel operation!
    > > >
    > > > What is the right configuration to help us with this problem?
    > > >
    > > > Thanks
    > > >
    > > > Steve Gaucher
    > > > TMI
    > > > steve.gaucher@tmiconsult.com