I am getting this now infamous error "An inconsistency was encountered
on the storage media" using BE8 for Win2k (build 3315) while trying to
catalog an older tape made with BE for Win9x.

I have sucessfully cataloged 2 other tapes made from older version and
everything there looks ok.

The failure keeps happening at the exact same spot (approx 1.4 Gig into
the catalog) each time.

I have made the Registry changes to Use Fast File Restore to no avail.
Any other hints/tips/fixes would be greatly appreicated.

I know the tape is good, because I have done a full restore from this
tape previously

Thanx
Bill