The semaphore timeout period has expired - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on The semaphore timeout period has expired - Veritas Backup Exec ; Hi all, I seem to be getting the following error: "Storage device "HP 1" reported an error on a request to write data to media. Error reported: The semaphore timeout period has expired." This seems to happen while it is ...

  1. The semaphore timeout period has expired

    Hi all,

    I seem to be getting the following error:

    "Storage device "HP 1" reported an error on a request to write data to
    media.
    Error reported:
    The semaphore timeout period has expired."

    This seems to happen while it is backing up, not verifying as the technotes
    say.
    Any Ideas???

    Kerry Reid

  2. Re: The semaphore timeout period has expired

    See TechNote ID: 190598 at
    http://seer.support.veritas.com/tnotes/bewnt/190598.htm

    Kerry Reid wrote:

    > Hi all,
    >
    > I seem to be getting the following error:
    >
    > "Storage device "HP 1" reported an error on a request to write data to
    > media.
    > Error reported:
    > The semaphore timeout period has expired."
    >
    > This seems to happen while it is backing up, not verifying as the technotes
    > say.
    > Any Ideas???
    >
    > Kerry Reid

+ Reply to Thread