Rebooting NT - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Rebooting NT - Veritas Backup Exec ; I would like to be able to reboot my nt server after an unattended backup at night. Does any body know how to do this. I would also like to stop some NT services before an unattended backup... any advice...

  1. Rebooting NT

    I would like to be able to reboot my nt server after an unattended backup
    at night.
    Does any body know how to do this.

    I would also like to stop some NT services before an unattended backup...
    any advice

  2. Re: Rebooting NT

    To reboot, write a batch file which utilizes Shutdown.exe which
    comes as part of the NT4.0 resource kit. Schedule the execution of your
    batch file using the AT command in a DOS prompt.
    To stop services, write another batch file utilizing the net stop
    "service" and another batch file utilizing net start "service".
    go into the properties of your backup job, on the advanced tab, you will
    see a field labeled execute before backup in this type the path and the name
    of your batch file (the net stop one).
    Do the same for the execute after backup field for the net start
    batch file, you should be good to go.
    "ian Turnbull" wrote:

    >I would like to be able to reboot my nt server after an unattended backup
    >at night.
    >Does any body know how to do this.
    >
    >I would also like to stop some NT services before an unattended backup...
    >any advice

  3. Re: Rebooting NT

    Answer to both questions is from the resource kit

    1) Shutdown in the post job command

    2) NETSVC
    or NET stop in the pre-job command

    ian Turnbull wrote:

    > I would like to be able to reboot my nt server after an unattended backup
    > at night.
    > Does any body know how to do this.
    >
    > I would also like to stop some NT services before an unattended backup...
    > any advice

+ Reply to Thread