Tape cartridge reading as a Cleaning tape?? - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Tape cartridge reading as a Cleaning tape?? - Veritas Backup Exec ; Im running BENT 8.0 with a Compaq TL881 20/40GB DLT LDR. I have a 3 week rotation and twice now i have encountered a problem where one of the tapes reads as a Cleaning tape and locks up the DLT ...

  1. Tape cartridge reading as a Cleaning tape??

    Im running BENT 8.0 with a Compaq TL881 20/40GB DLT LDR. I have a 3 week
    rotation and twice now i have encountered a problem where one of the tapes
    reads as a Cleaning tape and locks up the DLT drive and the backup server.
    Anyone else experience this?

    --
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Leonardo Juarbe

  2. Re: Tape cartridge reading as a Cleaning tape??

    One by one, right click the individual slots and make sure one isn't
    accidentally set as the cleaning slot.

    "Leonardo Juarbe" wrote in message
    > Im running BENT 8.0 with a Compaq TL881 20/40GB DLT LDR. I have a 3 week
    > rotation and twice now i have encountered a problem where one of the tapes
    > reads as a Cleaning tape and locks up the DLT drive and the backup server.
    > Anyone else experience this?
    >
    > --
    > Leonardo Juarbe
    > Network Systems Engineer