SQL 7 backup tables? - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on SQL 7 backup tables? - Veritas Backup Exec ; Hi. Backup exec 7.2 and SQL 6.5 could backup seperate tables. I now upgraded to SQL 7.0 and Backup exec 7.3. How can I backup a seperate table (with Backup exec)if I do not want to backup the entire database? ...

  1. SQL 7 backup tables?

    Hi.
    Backup exec 7.2 and SQL 6.5 could backup seperate tables. I now upgraded
    to SQL 7.0 and Backup exec 7.3. How can I backup a seperate table (with Backup
    exec)if I do not want to backup the entire database?
    Thank you
    Sarel j Smit

  2. Re: SQL 7 backup tables?

    Doesn't appear to be an option on V7. The online help for V7.3/2575
    specifically states "for SQL 6.5"

    Sarel Smit wrote:

    > Hi.
    > Backup exec 7.2 and SQL 6.5 could backup seperate tables. I now upgraded
    > to SQL 7.0 and Backup exec 7.3. How can I backup a seperate table (with Backup
    > exec)if I do not want to backup the entire database?
    > Thank you
    > Sarel j Smit

  3. Re: SQL 7 backup tables?

    Unfortunately SQL7 doesn't support "BACKUP TABLE", so BE doesn't support it
    neither.

    The only things you can backup in SQL/BE is either a DATABASE or a
    FILEGROUP.

    Ricardo.-

    "Ken Putnam" wrote in message
    > Doesn't appear to be an option on V7. The online help for V7.3/2575
    > specifically states "for SQL 6.5"
    >
    > Sarel Smit wrote:
    > >
    > > Hi.
    > > Backup exec 7.2 and SQL 6.5 could backup seperate tables. I now upgraded
    > > to SQL 7.0 and Backup exec 7.3. How can I backup a seperate table (with

    Backup
    > > exec)if I do not want to backup the entire database?
    > > Thank you
    > > Sarel j Smit

+ Reply to Thread