Oracle backup problem - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Oracle backup problem - Veritas Backup Exec ; Hi everyone, If any one has any idea on this please post a reply - thanks. I have recently installed Backup Exec on an NT server with the Oracle agent. Version 7.3 I believe. My problem is that when I ...

  1. Oracle backup problem

    Hi everyone,

    If any one has any idea on this please post a reply - thanks.

    I have recently installed Backup Exec on an NT server with the Oracle agent.
    Version 7.3 I believe.
    My problem is that when I am trying to backup our Oracle database I get the
    following errors in the log.

    Directory not found. Can't backup directory \INDX
    Directory not found. Can't backup directory \RBS
    Directory not found. Can't backup directory \SYSTEM etc.

    The agent can 'see' the database in backup exec.
    The data is stored in 'd:\data\orant\testing' and the
    files indxfre.ora, rbs1fre.ora, usrfre.ora etc. are all in that directory.

    The agent configuration seems correct and sees the SID fine (FRE)
    The NTFS permissions are set OK - help. Any ideas welcome
    I am using a DLT drive in a Dell Poweredge 2400 server

  2. Re: Oracle backup problem

    Well, I fixed it.

    Thanks for all your helpful replies !

+ Reply to Thread