OK to "enhance" pvl.mdb file? - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on OK to "enhance" pvl.mdb file? - Veritas Backup Exec ; This is just an Access database file, which BTW contains a lot of useful information than you can't (directly) get out of the Backup Exec. I've added some queries to tell me such things as MB written/read per soft error ...

  1. OK to "enhance" pvl.mdb file?

    This is just an Access database file, which BTW contains a lot of useful
    information than you can't (directly) get out of the Backup Exec. I've added
    some queries to tell me such things as MB written/read per soft error for
    each of my media.

    Question is, will BE (7.3) choke if it sees a database with additional
    objects than the ones it creates on its own? I've done this on a copy of the
    pvl.mdb file, not the original.

  2. Re: OK to "enhance" pvl.mdb file?

    I don't know if it will choke, but you can bet your (well, you know) that
    Veritas will take the position that you have tampered with the software and
    they will not be responsible for the consequences.

    Jay P wrote in message news:397f7619$1@hronntp01....
    > This is just an Access database file, which BTW contains a lot of useful
    > information than you can't (directly) get out of the Backup Exec. I've

    added
    > some queries to tell me such things as MB written/read per soft error for
    > each of my media.
    >
    > Question is, will BE (7.3) choke if it sees a database with additional
    > objects than the ones it creates on its own? I've done this on a copy of

    the
    > pvl.mdb file, not the original.

+ Reply to Thread