unix agent install - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on unix agent install - Veritas Backup Exec ; Dumb question I'm sure I can find the Unix agent on the cd by exploring it, but it is a .tar file, do I have to install this on the Unix machine or on the NT (which is running BE) ...

  1. unix agent install

    Dumb question I'm sure

    I can find the Unix agent on the cd by exploring it, but it is a .tar file,
    do I have to install this on the Unix machine or on the NT (which is running
    BE)

    mike

  2. Re: unix agent install

    Thanks I'll give it a shot

    "Kevin Searle" wrote:
    >You need to install it on the Unix machine. Untar it into a temporary
    >directory of your choosing and run the install script (I think it's called
    >INSTALL). Note that there are newer versions on the Veritas support site

    for
    >BackupExec. There's a download link on the support page somewhere.
    >
    >You may want to read through the install script before running it because
    >there are a few things you may need to configure beforehand. This includes
    >/etc/hosts and opening ports for firewalls if there's one between the backup
    >server and the target.
    >
    >"MikeChevrie" wrote in message
    >>
    >> Dumb question I'm sure
    >>
    >> I can find the Unix agent on the cd by exploring it, but it is a .tar

    >file,
    >> do I have to install this on the Unix machine or on the NT (which is

    >running
    >> BE)
    >>
    >> mike

  3. Re: unix agent install

    > Dumb question I'm sure
    >
    > I can find the Unix agent on the cd by exploring it, but it is a .tar

    file,
    > do I have to install this on the Unix machine or on the NT (which is

    running
    > BE)
    >
    > mike

+ Reply to Thread