Two drives one pending - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Two drives one pending - Veritas Backup Exec ; I have two external DLT drives on one server. The 15/30 drive goes off first, when it finishes, there is a window with a message "Please remove the media from the drive". The problem is that my other drive ( ...

  1. Two drives one pending

    I have two external DLT drives on one server. The 15/30 drive goes off first,
    when it finishes, there is a window with a message "Please remove the media
    from the drive". The problem is that my other drive ( 35/70 ) will sit in
    a pending mode until I click OK on the message window for the 15/30. Once
    I click OK, the second drive starts to load. This used to work fine in the
    past, but I don't know what changed. Any help will save me from going nuts.

  2. Re: Two drives one pending

    Turn off "Eject on End" in your DLT3000 job and do the ejects manually
    when you swap tapes.

    Scott Vrana wrote:

    > I have two external DLT drives on one server. The 15/30 drive goes off >first, when it finishes, there is a window with a message "Please remove >the media from the drive". The problem is that my other drive ( 35/70 ) >will sit in a pending mode until I click OK on the message window for the >15/30. Once I click OK, the second drive starts to load. This used to >work fine in the past, but I don't know what changed. Any help will save >me from going nuts.

  3. Re: Two drives one pending

    But what if I want to "Eject on End"? I have that set so in case I don't
    get to change the tape, it won't overwrite it.

    Ken Putnam wrote:
    >Turn off "Eject on End" in your DLT3000 job and do the ejects manually
    >when you swap tapes.
    >
    >Scott Vrana wrote:
    >>
    >> I have two external DLT drives on one server. The 15/30 drive goes off

    >first, when
    >it finishes, there is a window with a message "Please remove >the media

    from the drive".
    > The problem is that my other drive ( 35/70 ) >will sit in a pending mode

    until I click
    >OK on the message window for the >15/30. Once I click OK, the second drive

    starts
    >to load. This used to >work fine in the past, but I don't know what changed.

    Any
    >help will save >me from going nuts.

  4. Re: Two drives one pending

    With proper retention periods you don't need to worry about that, do
    you?

    Scott Vrana wrote:

    > But what if I want to "Eject on End"? I have that set so in case I don't
    > get to change the tape, it won't overwrite it.
    >
    > Ken Putnam wrote:
    > >Turn off "Eject on End" in your DLT3000 job and do the ejects manually
    > >when you swap tapes.
    > >
    > >Scott Vrana wrote:
    > >>
    > >> I have two external DLT drives on one server. The 15/30 drive goes off

    > >first, when
    > >it finishes, there is a window with a message "Please remove >the media

    > from the drive".
    > > The problem is that my other drive ( 35/70 ) >will sit in a pending mode

    > until I click
    > >OK on the message window for the >15/30. Once I click OK, the second drive

    > starts
    > >to load. This used to >work fine in the past, but I don't know what changed.

    > Any
    > >help will save >me from going nuts.

+ Reply to Thread