Unix Agent for bexec 7.01 rev1616 - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Unix Agent for bexec 7.01 rev1616 - Veritas Backup Exec ; I have an NT 4.0 server SP 5 running Backup Exec 7.01 rev 1616. I have a number of UNIX boxes that I backup with this backup server (all are Solaris 2.6). Each the Unix agent installed and running that ...

  1. Unix Agent for bexec 7.01 rev1616

    I have an NT 4.0 server SP 5 running Backup Exec 7.01 rev 1616. I have a
    number of UNIX boxes that I backup with this backup server (all are Solaris
    2.6). Each the Unix agent installed and running that came on the CD. I
    have a new Unix server (Solaris 2.6) that I recently installed that had had
    the original Unix Agent and now has the new one. In Backup Exec I am able
    to see the unix server, but when I go down about 2 directory levels to
    select what I want to backup I am unable to see the subdirectories below
    (there are about 30 below it). If I select the folder that is about 2 dir
    lvls down to be backed up with all sub directories it does not backup
    anything, but there is about 20 GB worth of data there that the agent is
    just not seeing. Has anyone ever experienced this and what is the fix?

    Thanks,

    Steve

  2. Re: Unix Agent for bexec 7.01 rev1616

    i am having a similar problem with IBM aix unix machines, i can't
    see any files greater than 2 GB. I have posted a question about
    this limitation but have not gotten any answers yet

    "steve" wrote:
    >I have an NT 4.0 server SP 5 running Backup Exec 7.01 rev 1616. I have

    >number of UNIX boxes that I backup with this backup server (all are Solaris
    >2.6). Each the Unix agent installed and running that came on the CD. I
    >have a new Unix server (Solaris 2.6) that I recently installed that had

    had
    >the original Unix Agent and now has the new one. In Backup Exec I am able
    >to see the unix server, but when I go down about 2 directory levels to
    >select what I want to backup I am unable to see the subdirectories below
    >(there are about 30 below it). If I select the folder that is about 2 dir
    >lvls down to be backed up with all sub directories it does not backup
    >anything, but there is about 20 GB worth of data there that the agent is
    >just not seeing. Has anyone ever experienced this and what is the fix?
    >
    >Thanks,
    >
    >Steve

+ Reply to Thread