IDR Limatations, I hope not! - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on IDR Limatations, I hope not! - Veritas Backup Exec ; Is it possible to take a server with a combined size of 70+gb and back it up using Backup Exec with IDR option then bring it all back up with the following modifications? 1. An expanded C:\ from 1GB to ...

  1. IDR Limatations, I hope not!

    Is it possible to take a server with a combined size of 70+gb and back it
    up using Backup Exec with IDR option then bring it all back up with the following
    modifications?

    1. An expanded C:\ from 1GB to 4GB
    2. An expanded D:\, E:\, F:\ and G:\ from 70GB+ to 100GB+

    Can the registery accept it, and will the changes in the partitions cause
    any problems. What would happen if I changed the Raid configuration? Has
    anybody tried this?

  2. Re: IDR Limatations, I hope not!

    Disk sizes are no problem, If you are changing Hardware (i.e. RAID vs no raid,
    different RAID, Clone to name brand, etc.) you may have problems.

    I've used BENT to expand the system/boot/C: (Whatever you want to call it)
    several times. I didn't make any hardware changes except the disk sizes and
    had no trouble at all.