tape detection - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on tape detection - Veritas Backup Exec ; Is there a way for backupexec to autodetect if there are any tape media in the drive without doing any dummy operation?...

  1. tape detection

    Is there a way for backupexec to autodetect if there are any tape media in
    the drive without doing any dummy operation?

  2. Re: tape detection

    I'm looking to create a script (vbscript, batch, ???) that will poll the tape
    drive to get the media name. Any ideas of any utilities/APIs that will do
    this?

    I think this is along the lines of what your asking... not sure what you
    mean by 'dummy operation' though.

+ Reply to Thread