Tape rotation with autoloader - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Tape rotation with autoloader - Veritas Backup Exec ; I am trying to setup a new tape rotation, and I was wondering how to specify a particular tape for a job to backup to. We are going to go to the grandfather, father, son kind of rotation, but with ...

  1. Tape rotation with autoloader

    I am trying to setup a new tape rotation, and I was wondering how to specify
    a particular tape for a job to backup to. We are going to go to the grandfather,
    father, son kind of rotation, but with our DLT7000 autoloader it has all
    the tapes in a media set and you can only choose one of those. Any ideas?

  2. Re: Tape rotation with autoloader

    For V7.3 use PARTUTIL from the \utils directory of your install media

    For V8, go to the devices tab, right click on the loader and select partition.

    MAtt wrote:

    > I am trying to setup a new tape rotation, and I was wondering how to specify
    > a particular tape for a job to backup to. We are going to go to the grandfather,
    > father, son kind of rotation, but with our DLT7000 autoloader it has all
    > the tapes in a media set and you can only choose one of those. Any ideas?

+ Reply to Thread