Moving Backup Exec to new server - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Moving Backup Exec to new server - Veritas Backup Exec ; Is there an easy way to move an installation of Backup Exec for NT/2000 ver 8 to a new server without losing all the jobs, history and tape catalog? -- Robert Miller happy@nietzsche.net http://www.utopiad.com/getPaid/Member/home/18547 http://www.processtree.com/?sponsor=28997...

  1. Moving Backup Exec to new server

    --
    Robert Miller
    happy@nietzsche.net

    http://www.utopiad.com/getPaid/Member/home/18547
    http://www.processtree.com/?sponsor=28997

  2. Re: Moving Backup Exec to new server

    see TechNote ID: 190646 at
    http://seer.support.veritas.com/tnotes/bewnt/190646.htm
    (URL May be wrapped)

    Robert Miller wrote:

    > Is there an easy way to move an installation of Backup Exec for NT/2000 ver
    > 8 to a new server without losing all the jobs, history and tape catalog?
    >
    > --
    > Robert Miller
    > happy@nietzsche.net
    >
    > http://www.utopiad.com/getPaid/Member/home/18547
    > http://www.processtree.com/?sponsor=28997

  3. Re: Moving Backup Exec to new server

    Copy the data and catalog directory from the original install somewhere on
    the network. After installing Backup Exec on your new server, copy the Data
    and catalog directories over the new ones.

    Ken Putnam wrote:
    >see TechNote ID: 190646 at
    >http://seer.support.veritas.com/tnotes/bewnt/190646.htm
    >(URL May be wrapped)
    >
    >Robert Miller wrote:
    >>
    >> Is there an easy way to move an installation of Backup Exec for NT/2000

    ver
    >> 8 to a new server without losing all the jobs, history and tape catalog?
    >>
    >> --
    >> Robert Miller
    >> happy@nietzsche.net
    >>
    >> http://www.utopiad.com/getPaid/Member/home/18547
    >> http://www.processtree.com/?sponsor=28997

  4. Re: Moving Backup Exec to new server

    The technote refered to here says that the new computer must be named the
    same as the old computer. I am not taking the old computer off the network,
    I just want to put BENT on a dedicated machine. Is there a way to move it to
    a new server that has a different name? I need both servers on the network.

    "Chris Bridleman" wrote in message

    > Copy the data and catalog directory from the original install somewhere on
    > the network. After installing Backup Exec on your new server, copy the

    Data
    > and catalog directories over the new ones.
    >

    > Ken Putnam wrote:
    > >see TechNote ID: 190646 at
    > >http://seer.support.veritas.com/tnotes/bewnt/190646.htm
    > >(URL May be wrapped)
    > >
    > >Robert Miller wrote:
    > >>
    > >> Is there an easy way to move an installation of Backup Exec for NT/2000

    > ver
    > >> 8 to a new server without losing all the jobs, history and tape

    catalog?

    > >> --
    > >> Robert Miller
    > >> happy@nietzsche.net
    > >>
    > >> http://www.utopiad.com/getPaid/Member/home/18547
    > >> http://www.processtree.com/?sponsor=28997

  5. Re: Moving Backup Exec to new server

    If you move all the directories first, and then do teh new install you should be
    OK.

    I've done this a couple of times. You'll wind up with the hardware from the
    original server listed on the hardware tab, but just delete it.

    Robert Miller wrote:

    > The technote refered to here says that the new computer must be named the
    > same as the old computer. I am not taking the old computer off the network,
    > I just want to put BENT on a dedicated machine. Is there a way to move it to
    > a new server that has a different name? I need both servers on the network.
    >
    > "Chris Bridleman" wrote in message
    > >
    > > Copy the data and catalog directory from the original install somewhere on
    > > the network. After installing Backup Exec on your new server, copy the

    > Data
    > > and catalog directories over the new ones.
    > >

    > > Ken Putnam wrote:
    > > >see TechNote ID: 190646 at
    > > >http://seer.support.veritas.com/tnotes/bewnt/190646.htm
    > > >(URL May be wrapped)