Backup failed error after backup verifies ok - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Backup failed error after backup verifies ok - Veritas Backup Exec ; Anyone got a clue for this one? I have a 20/40gb drive 4mm Archive Python drive on a SBS 4.5 machine. This machine also serves as y exchange server. Upon compleation of the tape backup verification we receive a backup ...

  1. Backup failed error after backup verifies ok

    Anyone got a clue for this one?

    I have a 20/40gb drive 4mm Archive Python drive on a SBS 4.5 machine. This
    machine also serves as y exchange server. Upon compleation of the tape
    backup verification we receive a backup failed error. This is beyon the
    point where B.E. 7.3 claims that the job is compleated 100%

    Any Ideas???

  2. Re: Backup failed error after backup verifies ok

    The following is the list I use to determine the cause of a
    "FAILED" status. If you have an editor that suports macros,
    set one up that you can use to scan any failed job log.

    Access Denied
    Corrupt File
    Unable to Attach
    Job was Aborted
    Insufficient Memory
    The Media Operations was Aborted
    Drive Not Responding
    Lost Connection
    Not Found

    Matthew Woods wrote:

    > Anyone got a clue for this one?
    >
    > I have a 20/40gb drive 4mm Archive Python drive on a SBS 4.5 machine. This
    > machine also serves as y exchange server. Upon compleation of the tape
    > backup verification we receive a backup failed error. This is beyon the
    > point where B.E. 7.3 claims that the job is compleated 100%
    >
    > Any Ideas???

  3. Re: Backup failed error after backup verifies ok

    There is a "Unable to attach to exechange mailbox error". Any ideas on why
    9 out of 10 time i am not able to attach to my exechange server mailboxes
    but i am always able to attach to the exechange information store.

    Ken Putnam wrote:
    >The following is the list I use to determine the cause of a
    >"FAILED" status. If you have an editor that suports macros,
    >set one up that you can use to scan any failed job log.
    >
    > Access Denied
    > Corrupt File
    > Unable to Attach
    > Job was Aborted
    > Insufficient Memory
    > The Media Operations was Aborted
    > Drive Not Responding
    > Lost Connection
    > Not Found
    >
    >Matthew Woods wrote:
    >>
    >> Anyone got a clue for this one?
    >>
    >> I have a 20/40gb drive 4mm Archive Python drive on a SBS 4.5 machine.

    This
    >> machine also serves as y exchange server. Upon compleation of the tape
    >> backup verification we receive a backup failed error. This is beyon the
    >> point where B.E. 7.3 claims that the job is compleated 100%
    >>
    >> Any Ideas???

  4. Re: Backup failed error after backup verifies ok

    Ken Putnam wrote:
    >The following is the list I use to determine the cause of a
    >"FAILED" status. If you have an editor that suports macros,
    >set one up that you can use to scan any failed job log.
    >
    > Access Denied
    > Corrupt File
    > Unable to Attach
    > Job was Aborted
    > Insufficient Memory
    > The Media Operations was Aborted
    > Drive Not Responding
    > Lost Connection
    > Not Found
    >
    >Matthew Woods wrote:
    >>
    >> Anyone got a clue for this one?
    >>
    >> I have a 20/40gb drive 4mm Archive Python drive on a SBS 4.5 machine.

    This
    >> machine also serves as y exchange server. Upon compleation of the tape
    >> backup verification we receive a backup failed error. This is beyon the
    >> point where B.E. 7.3 claims that the job is compleated 100%
    >>
    >> Any Ideas???

  5. Re: Backup failed error after backup verifies ok

    Nope. I don't do individual mailbox backups myself. Just the IS and DS
    on my Exchange Server.

    If you are counting on the brick level backups, I'd definitely try a
    couple of sample restores. Many who do have posted here with less than
    sterling results, and ask why it didn't work like they thought it ought
    to.

    Matthew Woods wrote:

    > There is a "Unable to attach to exechange mailbox error". Any ideas on why
    > 9 out of 10 time i am not able to attach to my exechange server mailboxes
    > but i am always able to attach to the exechange information store.
    >
    > Ken Putnam wrote:
    > >The following is the list I use to determine the cause of a
    > >"FAILED" status. If you have an editor that suports macros,
    > >set one up that you can use to scan any failed job log.
    > >
    > > Access Denied
    > > Corrupt File
    > > Unable to Attach
    > > Job was Aborted
    > > Insufficient Memory
    > > The Media Operations was Aborted
    > > Drive Not Responding
    > > Lost Connection
    > > Not Found
    > >
    > >Matthew Woods wrote:
    > >>
    > >> Anyone got a clue for this one?
    > >>
    > >> I have a 20/40gb drive 4mm Archive Python drive on a SBS 4.5 machine.

    > This
    > >> machine also serves as y exchange server. Upon compleation of the tape
    > >> backup verification we receive a backup failed error. This is beyon the
    > >> point where B.E. 7.3 claims that the job is compleated 100%
    > >>
    > >> Any Ideas???

+ Reply to Thread