logging of a backup operation. - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on logging of a backup operation. - Veritas Backup Exec ; I handle a server that is backed up remotely over the network. I would like to know that the backup done for just my server. The backup is managed by a central system and administrator. Is there a way that ...

  1. logging of a backup operation.

    I handle a server that is backed up remotely over the network. I would like
    to know that the backup done for just my server. The backup is managed by
    a central system and administrator.

    Is there a way that when the backup is complete that Backup Exec will write
    a message to my event log or some other way that I can be sure that it was
    backed up ? (This should be independant of the whole backup job, I am just
    interested in my server.)

    Thanks,
    John

  2. Re: logging of a backup operation.

    About all that you can do is request the BackupAdministrator break the job up
    into two or more smaller ones, and have him/her set up the job that includes
    your server to mail the log to you.f

    John Dyer wrote:

    > I handle a server that is backed up remotely over the network. I would like
    > to know that the backup done for just my server. The backup is managed by
    > a central system and administrator.
    >
    > Is there a way that when the backup is complete that Backup Exec will write
    > a message to my event log or some other way that I can be sure that it was
    > backed up ? (This should be independant of the whole backup job, I am just
    > interested in my server.)
    >
    > Thanks,
    > John

+ Reply to Thread