Hold status on Backup Exec 8.0 for Netware - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Hold status on Backup Exec 8.0 for Netware - Veritas Backup Exec ; When using Backup Exec 8.0 for Netware a backup or restore job initializes, shows Ready for a few seconds, then switches to Hold. I've found a Veritas Tech Note ID: 189598 that says my SYS:BKUPEXEC\HISTORY directory may be full or ...

  1. Hold status on Backup Exec 8.0 for Netware

    When using Backup Exec 8.0 for Netware a backup or restore
    job initializes, shows Ready for a few seconds, then switches
    to Hold. I've found a Veritas Tech Note ID: 189598 that says my
    SYS:BKUPEXEC\HISTORY directory may be full or corrupt. Also, it
    advised me to check cache buffers.

    While the symptoms match exactly, the solutions did not work
    for me. Any other ideas on why my jobs go on Hold?

    Thanks,

    Jason

  2. Re: Hold status on Backup Exec 8.0 for Netware

    Does your BackupExec service account have the proper rights on the
    Netware
    system?

    Jason Becker wrote:

    > When using Backup Exec 8.0 for Netware a backup or restore
    > job initializes, shows Ready for a few seconds, then switches
    > to Hold. I've found a Veritas Tech Note ID: 189598 that says my
    > SYS:BKUPEXEC\HISTORY directory may be full or corrupt. Also, it
    > advised me to check cache buffers.
    >
    > While the symptoms match exactly, the solutions did not work
    > for me. Any other ideas on why my jobs go on Hold?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Jason

  3. Re: Hold status on Backup Exec 8.0 for Netware

    Hello and thanks for the reply.

    This certainly could be a rights issue. It used to work, now it doesn't.
    We haven't intentionally changed anything. There's no error message, but
    the job history for the job on hold says:
    Unable to locate source path ++DO2.Netware File System/DO2/users
    etc. etc.

    It says a similar thing whether resoring or backing up.

    The Backup_Exec object in the root of my NDS tree shows up with
    a little question mark, but it always looked like that. Do you
    know of a way to reinstate this object's rights? I can't see it's properties
    while its icon is a quesiton mark.

    Thanks,

    Jason

    Ken Putnam wrote:
    >Does your BackupExec service account have the proper rights on the
    >Netware
    >system?
    >
    >Jason Becker wrote:
    >>
    >> When using Backup Exec 8.0 for Netware a backup or restore
    >> job initializes, shows Ready for a few seconds, then switches
    >> to Hold. I've found a Veritas Tech Note ID: 189598 that says my
    >> SYS:BKUPEXEC\HISTORY directory may be full or corrupt. Also, it
    >> advised me to check cache buffers.
    >>
    >> While the symptoms match exactly, the solutions did not work
    >> for me. Any other ideas on why my jobs go on Hold?
    >>
    >> Thanks,
    >>
    >> Jason

  4. Re: Hold status on Backup Exec 8.0 for Netware

    Don't use the Netware agent myself. Might try uninstallng the agent and
    re-installing.

    Jason Becker wrote:

    > Hello and thanks for the reply.
    >
    > This certainly could be a rights issue. It used to work, now it doesn't.
    > We haven't intentionally changed anything. There's no error message, but
    > the job history for the job on hold says:
    > Unable to locate source path ++DO2.Netware File System/DO2/users
    > etc. etc.
    >
    > It says a similar thing whether resoring or backing up.
    >
    > The Backup_Exec object in the root of my NDS tree shows up with
    > a little question mark, but it always looked like that. Do you
    > know of a way to reinstate this object's rights? I can't see it's properties
    > while its icon is a quesiton mark.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Jason
    >
    > Ken Putnam wrote:
    > >Does your BackupExec service account have the proper rights on the
    > >Netware
    > >system?
    > >
    > >Jason Becker wrote:
    > >>
    > >> When using Backup Exec 8.0 for Netware a backup or restore
    > >> job initializes, shows Ready for a few seconds, then switches
    > >> to Hold. I've found a Veritas Tech Note ID: 189598 that says my
    > >> SYS:BKUPEXEC\HISTORY directory may be full or corrupt. Also, it
    > >> advised me to check cache buffers.
    > >>
    > >> While the symptoms match exactly, the solutions did not work
    > >> for me. Any other ideas on why my jobs go on Hold?
    > >>
    > >> Thanks,
    > >>
    > >> Jason

  5. Re: Hold status on Backup Exec 8.0 for Netware

    Thanks for the help, Ken.

    I see now that I asked my question under the wrong newsgroup.
    I'm going to restart this thread under Netware.

    Thanks again,

    Jason

    Ken Putnam wrote:
    >Don't use the Netware agent myself. Might try uninstallng the agent and
    >re-installing.
    >
    >Jason Becker wrote:
    >>
    >> Hello and thanks for the reply.
    >>
    >> This certainly could be a rights issue. It used to work, now it doesn't.
    >> We haven't intentionally changed anything. There's no error message, but
    >> the job history for the job on hold says:
    >> Unable to locate source path ++DO2.Netware File System/DO2/users
    >> etc. etc.
    >>
    >> It says a similar thing whether resoring or backing up.
    >>
    >> The Backup_Exec object in the root of my NDS tree shows up with
    >> a little question mark, but it always looked like that. Do you
    >> know of a way to reinstate this object's rights? I can't see it's properties
    >> while its icon is a quesiton mark.
    >>
    >> Thanks,
    >>
    >> Jason
    >>
    >> Ken Putnam wrote:
    >> >Does your BackupExec service account have the proper rights on the
    >> >Netware
    >> >system?

+ Reply to Thread