Be 8.0 on W2000 Workstation. Problem appeared first as a
freeze-up when recording the system state. After restarting
the system (could not stop BE Services) the catalogs no longer appear under
the restore tab. I have a good tape from two days ago and would like to
restore..... I have run the catalog on the tape and while it says it was
successful, there are still
no catalogs listed under restore. I have verified the location
information for catalogs is correct in options.

Have tried the following: Applied build 3315 as update.
Removed BE 8.0 completely and reinstalled from CD. Still no
change. Am suspecting some OS problem, but don't know where
to look next. All catalogs appear to be intact in the catalog
folder. All backup and other operations appear to be working
properly.