Installing BE 7.3 on more than one server - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Installing BE 7.3 on more than one server - Veritas Backup Exec ; Can you install BE 7.3 (Multiserver Edition) on more than one server?? I know you can backup multiple servers from one location but we have some servers on a different segment so I need to install BE on a second ...

  1. Installing BE 7.3 on more than one server

    Can you install BE 7.3 (Multiserver Edition) on more than one server?? I
    know you can backup multiple servers from one location but we have some servers
    on a different segment so I need to install BE on a second server

    thanks

    Dave F

  2. Re: Installing BE 7.3 on more than one server

    The Multiserver license is for that purpose, so you can install more than
    one BE Exec server with one license (and not get those sodding license violation
    messages)

    "Dave Foster" wrote:

    >Can you install BE 7.3 (Multiserver Edition) on more than one server??

    >know you can backup multiple servers from one location but we have some

    servers
    >on a different segment so I need to install BE on a second server
    >
    >thanks
    >
    >Dave F

  3. Re: Installing BE 7.3 on more than one server

    To be legal you need a license because the multi-server allows unlimited
    clients not servers.
    "Erik Schulp" wrote in message

    > The Multiserver license is for that purpose, so you can install more than
    > one BE Exec server with one license (and not get those sodding license

    violation
    > messages)
    >
    > "Dave Foster" wrote:
    > >
    > >Can you install BE 7.3 (Multiserver Edition) on more than one server??

    > >know you can backup multiple servers from one location but we have some

    > servers
    > >on a different segment so I need to install BE on a second server
    > >
    > >thanks
    > >
    > >Dave F

  4. Re: Installing BE 7.3 on more than one server

    No, you must have a valid license for each machine that you install BENT
    on.

    Dave Foster wrote:

    > Can you install BE 7.3 (Multiserver Edition) on more than one server?? I
    > know you can backup multiple servers from one location but we have some servers
    > on a different segment so I need to install BE on a second server
    >
    > thanks
    >
    > Dave F

  5. Re: Installing BE 7.3 on more than one server

    Multiserver Edition means, that you can install BENT on ONE Server and back
    up as many other server as you want. If you want to install BENT on another
    server, then you will need another Licence to do so.

    Tilo S

    "Dave Foster" wrote:

    >Can you install BE 7.3 (Multiserver Edition) on more than one server??

    >know you can backup multiple servers from one location but we have some

    servers
    >on a different segment so I need to install BE on a second server
    >
    >thanks
    >
    >Dave F

+ Reply to Thread