Problems connecting to other member NT Servers - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Problems connecting to other member NT Servers - Veritas Backup Exec ; This may have a very simple solution, but I can't seem to find it!!! We have about 12 NT 4.0 servers all running SP4, one has BackupExec 7.01 and the others are being backed up from that one. Backups are ...

  1. Problems connecting to other member NT Servers

    This may have a very simple solution, but I can't seem to find it!!!

    We have about 12 NT 4.0 servers all running SP4, one has BackupExec 7.01
    and the others are being backed up from that one.

    Backups are fine, it's the admin of the jobs that are a problem. When I login
    as myself (Domain Admin rights)I can connect to the BE server and one other
    member server to change the backup selections, but when I try to connect
    to the other servers I get a login box popup, I put in my normal ID, but
    it doesn't work, even if I put the Domain Admin ID it doesn't work!!

    However, if I log in at the beginning (NT Logon CTRL-ALT-DEL), I can connect
    to anywhere through BE. What am I doing wrong? I am in the admins groups
    on the servers...

    Help!

  2. Re: Problems connecting to other member NT Servers

    Verify that you have now open connections to the other servers, no
    mapped shares or shared printers.

    Richard Watts wrote:

    > This may have a very simple solution, but I can't seem to find it!!!
    >
    > We have about 12 NT 4.0 servers all running SP4, one has BackupExec 7.01
    > and the others are being backed up from that one.
    >
    > Backups are fine, it's the admin of the jobs that are a problem. When I login
    > as myself (Domain Admin rights)I can connect to the BE server and one other
    > member server to change the backup selections, but when I try to connect
    > to the other servers I get a login box popup, I put in my normal ID, but
    > it doesn't work, even if I put the Domain Admin ID it doesn't work!!
    >
    > However, if I log in at the beginning (NT Logon CTRL-ALT-DEL), I can connect
    > to anywhere through BE. What am I doing wrong? I am in the admins groups
    > on the servers...
    >
    > Help!

+ Reply to Thread