Inconsistent backup times - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Inconsistent backup times - Veritas Backup Exec ; Running Backup Exec v7.3 Rev. 2371 on WindowsNT Server 4.0 sp6a. The problem I am experiencing is odd... We are receiving INCONSISTENT backup times (length of job). On some days the job will take an hour and a half maybe ...

  1. Inconsistent backup times

    Running Backup Exec v7.3 Rev. 2371 on WindowsNT Server 4.0 sp6a. The problem
    I am experiencing is odd... We are receiving INCONSISTENT backup times (length
    of job). On some days the job will take an hour and a half maybe 2hrs. On
    the other days the backup jobs take anywhere between 7-10hrs. Funny thing
    is, the jobs that take 7-10 hours get stuck on the "VERIFY" stage of the
    backup... has anyone ran into this? can anyone help me out??

    thanks in advance
    Joe

  2. Re: Inconsistent backup times

    Is anything wlse running on that server while the longer backups are
    running?
    or on th Backup server itself? Have any changes been made to the
    network infrastructure (ie: verify that all NICs and Switches are har
    set, not on auto-negotiate)

    Joe Y wrote:

    > Running Backup Exec v7.3 Rev. 2371 on WindowsNT Server 4.0 sp6a. The problem
    > I am experiencing is odd... We are receiving INCONSISTENT backup times (length
    > of job). On some days the job will take an hour and a half maybe 2hrs. On
    > the other days the backup jobs take anywhere between 7-10hrs. Funny thing
    > is, the jobs that take 7-10 hours get stuck on the "VERIFY" stage of the
    > backup... has anyone ran into this? can anyone help me out??
    >
    > thanks in advance
    > Joe

+ Reply to Thread