BeckupExec itself has the pvl.mdb file open, so it will always be open when
a backup is performed. I thought that someone at Segate Software told me
that it was OK to not backup this file; WRONG. I found out the hard way
that an Intelligent Disaster Recovery without this file on the backup tape
prevents BE from starting after the restore (see TechNote ID 190986).

So what to do? Backup the file while it is open and hope that it restores
correctly?

I hate to get warnings about open files being backed up in the log because
the operator starts learning to ignore the warnings and important warnings
get lost in the noise.

--
The listed e-mail address has added information to thwart e-mail address
harvesters used by spammers. To reply by e-mail, remove the .nospam from