Error "The dependency service or group failed to start" - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Error "The dependency service or group failed to start" - Veritas Backup Exec ; I am trying to install Backup Exec 7 on a Windows NT Server 4.0 (service pack 6a). I am getting the above error during installtion after entering the user name and password that I would like to use. I have ...

  1. Error "The dependency service or group failed to start"

    I am trying to install Backup Exec 7 on a Windows
    NT Server 4.0 (service pack 6a). I am getting the
    above error during installtion after entering the
    user name and password that I would like to use.

    I have read veritas technote id#191736 on the
    issue. The workstation and server services are
    both running and start automatically.

  2. Re: Error "The dependency service or group failed to start"

    You would get this message also, waiting some minutes longer without
    entering the user/password :-) Ever looked in the SERVICES tool? Try to
    determine which services are set to automatic/system and which didn't start.
    Also looking in the event list is good starting point.

    cu Reiner

+ Reply to Thread