Running bent v7.3 rev 2575 on NT 4.0 wkstn? - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Running bent v7.3 rev 2575 on NT 4.0 wkstn? - Veritas Backup Exec ; I recently inherited a backup solution with the above configuration. Not being the master of Backup exec, are you supposed to run this thing on NT Workstation? I thought it was just on server. Another issue I am having is ...

  1. Running bent v7.3 rev 2575 on NT 4.0 wkstn?

    I recently inherited a backup solution with the above configuration. Not
    being the master of Backup exec, are you supposed to run this thing on NT
    Workstation? I thought it was just on server.

    Another issue I am having is getting the prog to email me the results of
    the backup. I have the account setup with admin rights on the exchange server
    in order to backup individual mailboxes, but I can't attach the same account
    to the job to email me the results of the backup. Any ideas? Thank you
    in advance for any help...

    Matt

  2. Re: Running bent v7.3 rev 2575 on NT 4.0 wkstn?

    BENT will happily run on NTW, as long as it is the MultiServer/Enterprise edition,
    it will even back up other NTServer machines.

    Matthew Self wrote:

    > I recently inherited a backup solution with the above configuration. Not
    > being the master of Backup exec, are you supposed to run this thing on NT
    > Workstation? I thought it was just on server.
    >
    > Another issue I am having is getting the prog to email me the results of
    > the backup. I have the account setup with admin rights on the exchange server
    > in order to backup individual mailboxes, but I can't attach the same account
    > to the job to email me the results of the backup. Any ideas? Thank you
    > in advance for any help...
    >
    > Matt

+ Reply to Thread