Moving Database from one partition to another? - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Moving Database from one partition to another? - Veritas Backup Exec ; ALL -- My primary C: partition where my Veritas Backup Exec for NT server database is located, is near disk capacity. I need to move the database and its associated subdirectories to another partition where there's more space. Can anyone ...

  1. Moving Database from one partition to another?

    ALL --

    My primary C: partition where my Veritas Backup Exec for NT server database
    is located, is near disk capacity. I need to move the database and its associated
    subdirectories to another partition where there's more space.

    Can anyone help with this task including the steps necessary to perform the
    task and how to reconfigure BackupExec to point to the new location of the
    database?

    Your prompt replies are much appreciated as this is a timely matter.

    Thanks much!

    Best,

    -- Brett.

  2. Re: Moving Database from one partition to another?

    from The main GUI - Tools\Options\Catalog enter the new catalog location
    Stop the BENT services
    move the catalog files
    delete BETOPCAT.IDX
    restart a;; services

    Brett Kellerman wrote:

    > ALL --
    >
    > My primary C: partition where my Veritas Backup Exec for NT server database
    > is located, is near disk capacity. I need to move the database and its associated
    > subdirectories to another partition where there's more space.
    >
    > Can anyone help with this task including the steps necessary to perform the
    > task and how to reconfigure BackupExec to point to the new location of the
    > database?
    >
    > Your prompt replies are much appreciated as this is a timely matter.
    >
    > Thanks much!
    >
    > Best,
    >
    > -- Brett.

+ Reply to Thread