Media ID - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Media ID - Veritas Backup Exec ; I currently have Veritas 8.0 for NT/2000. I'm running NT 4.0 Service Pack 6. Veritas automaticall assigns new tapes thier media id's. Have two physical tapes, that have both been assigned the exact same media id. So, I have a ...

  1. Media ID

    I currently have Veritas 8.0 for NT/2000. I'm running NT 4.0 Service Pack
    6. Veritas automaticall assigns new tapes thier media id's. Have two physical
    tapes, that have both been assigned the exact same media id. So, I have
    a brand new tape that I can't use. I have tried to reformat the tape, but
    the software will not allow me. I have not been able to find a way to delete
    the media id number either. Any help would be appreciated!
    Zandy McAllister

  2. Re: Media ID

    From the Media Tab of the GUI.

    Select one of the tapes, (the one with no data on it, as this will effectively
    erase the tape) Right Click and select "Label"

    Zandy McAllister wrote:

    > I currently have Veritas 8.0 for NT/2000. I'm running NT 4.0 Service Pack
    > 6. Veritas automaticall assigns new tapes thier media id's. Have two physical
    > tapes, that have both been assigned the exact same media id. So, I have
    > a brand new tape that I can't use. I have tried to reformat the tape, but
    > the software will not allow me. I have not been able to find a way to delete
    > the media id number either. Any help would be appreciated!
    > Zandy McAllister

+ Reply to Thread