SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME WITH "FAILED" STATUS - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME WITH "FAILED" STATUS - Veritas Backup Exec ; I have an Exchange Server with BE 8.0, Agent for Exchange and I.D.R. Last night my scheduled backup failed due to 4 messages being corrupt. Everything else worked but the status for the job was a failure. Is this normal ...

  1. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME WITH "FAILED" STATUS

    I have an Exchange Server with BE 8.0, Agent for Exchange and I.D.R.

    Last night my scheduled backup failed due to 4 messages being corrupt.
    Everything else worked but the status for the job was a failure. Is this
    normal when something like this happens? If it is normal, can I use the
    tape to restore from? Also, can I use the tape for I.D.R. if I ever had to?
    Thanks in advance.

    Eric W. Miller

  2. Re: SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME WITH "FAILED" STATUS

    Eric,
    Yes this is normal, well at least for us! Best thing to do is to have the
    user delete those 4 messages. Make sure they completely delete them and
    not just leave them in their deleted items folder. If they leave them there
    the next backup will fail as well. The data on the tape should still be
    good, and I was able to restore even though I had a failed status. Hope
    this helps!
    Zandy
    "Eric W. Miller" wrote:
    >I have an Exchange Server with BE 8.0, Agent for Exchange and I.D.R.
    >
    >Last night my scheduled backup failed due to 4 messages being corrupt.
    >Everything else worked but the status for the job was a failure. Is this
    >normal when something like this happens? If it is normal, can I use the
    >tape to restore from? Also, can I use the tape for I.D.R. if I ever had

    to?
    >Thanks in advance.
    >
    >Eric W. Miller

  3. Re: SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME WITH "FAILED" STATUS

    Thanks a lot.

    Eric W. Miller

  4. Re: SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME WITH "FAILED" STATUS

    We also had reports of corruption on our backup (Veritas 7.3 version). The
    users did delete these messages completely, but they still are reported on
    our Backup Report.

    See Veritas TechNote ID: 190668 How to find out whether the items in a
    mailbox or the mailbox itself, are corrupt.

    Becky Holland

    "Zandy McAllister" wrote in message

    > Eric,
    > Yes this is normal, well at least for us! Best thing to do is to have the
    > user delete those 4 messages. Make sure they completely delete them and
    > not just leave them in their deleted items folder. If they leave them

    there
    > the next backup will fail as well. The data on the tape should still be
    > good, and I was able to restore even though I had a failed status. Hope
    > this helps!
    > Zandy
    > "Eric W. Miller" wrote:
    > >I have an Exchange Server with BE 8.0, Agent for Exchange and I.D.R.
    > >
    > >Last night my scheduled backup failed due to 4 messages being corrupt.
    > >Everything else worked but the status for the job was a failure. Is this
    > >normal when something like this happens? If it is normal, can I use the
    > >tape to restore from? Also, can I use the tape for I.D.R. if I ever had

    > to?
    > >Thanks in advance.
    > >
    > >Eric W. Miller

+ Reply to Thread