St. Bernards or Veritas OFO? - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on St. Bernards or Veritas OFO? - Veritas Backup Exec ; Hi all, I'm looking for some suggestions on using an Open File Agent. From anyone experience, which is better - the one from Veritas, or using St. Bernards OFO? Thanks! Adam Sharp...

  1. St. Bernards or Veritas OFO?

    Hi all,

    I'm looking for some suggestions on using an Open File Agent.

    From anyone experience, which is better - the one from Veritas, or using St.
    Bernards OFO?

    Thanks!
    Adam Sharp

  2. Re: St. Bernards or Veritas OFO?

    I have a lot of problems using Veritas OFO so I would try st. bernard for
    the trial period they offer.

    Regards
    Morten

    "Adam Sharp" wrote:
    >Hi all,
    >
    >I'm looking for some suggestions on using an Open File Agent.
    >
    >From anyone experience, which is better - the one from Veritas, or using

    St.
    >Bernards OFO?
    >
    >Thanks!
    >Adam Sharp

  3. Re: St. Bernards or Veritas OFO?

    We're using St. Bernard's solution with BE 7.3 rev 2575. It works as
    advertised. The only problem occurred when we installed St. Bernard's OFO on
    to Alpha servers, but I'm assuming that wouldn't apply to you. Their (St.
    Bernard) tech support has been first rate and is free for a certain period
    after installation. Just my opinion, but judging from the entries in this
    newsgroup, St. Bernard's product might be the less painful solution. Check
    out their website for the details: www.stbernard.com

    Regards,

    Wayne Capuyan

    "Adam Sharp" wrote in message
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I'm looking for some suggestions on using an Open File Agent.
    >
    > From anyone experience, which is better - the one from Veritas, or using

    St.
    > Bernards OFO?
    >
    > Thanks!
    > Adam Sharp

  4. Re: St. Bernards or Veritas OFO?

    We used St. Benards and it worked wonderfully with ARCServe. We now have BE
    8 and it's OFO agents are horrible. Stick with St. Benards.

    "Adam Sharp" wrote in message
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I'm looking for some suggestions on using an Open File Agent.
    >
    > From anyone experience, which is better - the one from Veritas, or using

    St.
    > Bernards OFO?
    >
    > Thanks!