BE8 Disaster Recovery is very poor - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on BE8 Disaster Recovery is very poor - Veritas Backup Exec ; I have a Win2k server, BE8, OFO, and Disaster recovery option with a SONY AIT 1.5 SCSI tape drive. I decided to make sure the disaster recovery option works as advertised. Well I found a problem with it, that is ...

  1. BE8 Disaster Recovery is very poor

    I have a Win2k server, BE8, OFO, and Disaster recovery option with a SONY
    AIT 1.5 SCSI tape drive. I decided to make sure the disaster recovery option
    works as advertised.

    Well I found a problem with it, that is disturbing. After I got through the
    4 boot disks, and the semi automated installation, I followed the wizard to
    restore the latest backup tapes.

    The problem came when I was clicking on next where it would start to read
    the tape to restore the data. Half the time it would come back with 'unable
    to connect to target'. What is VERY distrubing is that I can't try that part
    of the restore. For instance, if it's trying to restore the system state and
    it gets that target error, there is NO way to go back and try the target
    again. The back button is ghosted out.

    This happened to me in two instances. One was on the C drive and one was for
    the system state. So I spent 1.5 hours, all for nothing. Without the system
    state restore, the system is a total disaster of misconfigured junk. Very
    useless.

    Unless Veritas can correct this problem, I certainly won't be putting the
    disaster recovery option on any other servers.

    I can't believe companies are allowed to ship such shotty software.

    Derek Seaman

  2. Re: BE8 Disaster Recovery is very poor

    Hi Derek,

    that's the reason why my dealer told me to use/buy the old version BENT 7.3.

    cu Reiner

+ Reply to Thread