Invalid Media - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Invalid Media - Veritas Backup Exec ; I'm getting an invalid media format when reading a tape that has TAR Format and SEGY Format on the label. I'm not familiar with either of these but believe they used them to copy large files to the tape. I ...

  1. Invalid Media

    I'm getting an invalid media format when reading a tape that has TAR Format
    and SEGY Format on the label. I'm not familiar with either of these but believe
    they used them to copy large files to the tape. I can do a simple backup
    to other tapes but need to access these TAR/ SEGY Formats?

    Can this be done using Seagate Backup Exec. ver. 7.2 on a NT Workstation
    4.0 PC?

    Or, do I need another backup program to do this?

    Please help,

    Collin

  2. Re: Invalid Media

    V7.x does not support TAR Format. There are several ports of TAR for NT.
    Search your favorite software site.

    Collin Camp wrote:

    > I'm getting an invalid media format when reading a tape that has TAR Format
    > and SEGY Format on the label. I'm not familiar with either of these but believe
    > they used them to copy large files to the tape. I can do a simple backup
    > to other tapes but need to access these TAR/ SEGY Formats?
    >
    > Can this be done using Seagate Backup Exec. ver. 7.2 on a NT Workstation
    > 4.0 PC?
    >
    > Or, do I need another backup program to do this?
    >
    > Please help,
    >
    > Collin

+ Reply to Thread