Couple of errors with Exchange Agent and BENT 7.3 - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Couple of errors with Exchange Agent and BENT 7.3 - Veritas Backup Exec ; Well, I have tried just about everything I know of, (Which isn't a whole lot in this case) and I cannot resolve these error messages I am getting trying to back up our Exchange mailboxes.. First, I get this error ...

  1. Couple of errors with Exchange Agent and BENT 7.3

    Well, I have tried just about everything I know of, (Which isn't a whole lot in this
    case) and I cannot resolve these error messages I am getting trying to back up our
    Exchange mailboxes..

    First, I get this error trying to back up the "sent Items" out of one individuals
    mailbox..

    Unable to open the item ?Top of Information Store?Sent Items?RE:
    xxxxxxx - skipped.
    Unable to open the item ?Top of Information Store?Sent Items?RE:
    xxxxxxxxx - skipped.
    Unable to open the item ?Top of Information Store?Sent Items?RE:
    xxxxxxx - skipped.
    Unable to open the item ?Top of Information Store?Sent Items?RE:
    xxxxxxxxxxxxx - skipped.
    Unable to open the item ?Top of Information Store?Sent Items?RE:
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxx - skipped.
    Unable to open the item ?Top of Information Store?Sent
    Items?xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx - skipped.

    replaces the person's actual name, and xxxxxxxxx replaces the subject
    line in the email..

    Every entry that is in his sent items appears this way. Cleaning out the sent items
    is only a temporary solution, as we have done this in the past. As soon as he has
    items in the sent items folder, we get these errors.

    Also, we are getting these errors right after we get 200 or so of the Unable to open
    errors..

    Access denied to directory ?xxxxxx xxxxxxx.
    ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
    Access denied to directory ?xxxxxx xxxxxx.
    ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
    Access denied to directory ?xxx xxxxxxxx.
    ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
    Access denied to directory ?xxx x xxxxxx.
    ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
    Access denied to directory ?xxxxxxxx.
    ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
    Access denied to directory ?xxx xx.
    ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
    Access denied to directory ?xxx.
    ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
    the xxxxxx's replace the name of the person's mailbox.

    Only thing that comes up in the knowledge base for these errors refers to custom
    recipients in Ver. 7.2. These are normal email boxes, just like the others, but they
    are the last 7 mailboxes. Some were created recently, the first couple have been
    around and working for over a year.

    We are on BENT 7.3 build 2570, Exchange server 5.5, NT 40, SP6a

    Any help is greatly appreciated.

    Rich Whitmire
    richw@nospam.blytheco.com
    (remove nospam to email)
    --

  2. Re: Couple of errors with Exchange Agent and BENT 7.3

    Hi Rich, I had a customer who was experiencing exactly the same problem as
    you have explained and I asked her to update her installation to v7.3 rev2575.1
    and then apply post2575.exe patch. She called back today saying the issue
    is completely resolved.

    "Rich Whitmire" wrote:
    >Well, I have tried just about everything I know of, (Which >isn't a whole

    lot in this case) and I cannot resolve these >error messages I am getting
    trying to back up our Exchange >mailboxes..

    >First, I get this error trying to back up the "sent Items" out >of one individuals

    mailbox..
    >Unable to open the item ?Top of Information >Store?Sent Items?RE:

    xxxxxxx - skipped.
    >Unable to open the item ?Top of Information >Store?Sent Items?RE:

    xxxxxxxxx - skipped.
    >Unable to open the item ?Top of Information >Store?Sent Items?RE:

    xxxxxxx - skipped.
    >Unable to open the item ?Top of Information >Store?Sent Items?RE:

    xxxxxxxxxxxxx - skipped.
    >Unable to open the item ?Top of Information >Store?Sent Items?RE:

    xxxxxxxxxxxxxx - skipped.
    >Unable to open the item ?Top of Information >Store?Sent Items?xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    - skipped.

    > replaces the person's actual name, and >xxxxxxxxx replaces

    the subject line in the email..

    >Every entry that is in his sent items appears this way. >Cleaning out the

    sent items is only a temporary solution, as we >have done this in the past.
    As soon as he has items in the sent >items folder, we get these errors.

    >Also, we are getting these errors right after we get 200 or so >of the Unable

    to open errors..

    >Access denied to directory ?xxxxxx xxxxxxx.
    >^ ^ ^ ^ ^
    >Access denied to directory ?xxxxxx xxxxxx.
    >^ ^ ^ ^ ^
    >Access denied to directory ?xxx xxxxxxxx.
    >^ ^ ^ ^ ^
    >Access denied to directory ?xxx x xxxxxx.
    >^ ^ ^ ^ ^
    >Access denied to directory ?xxxxxxxx.
    >^ ^ ^ ^ ^
    >Access denied to directory ?xxx xx.
    >^ ^ ^ ^ ^
    >Access denied to directory ?xxx.
    >^ ^ ^ ^ ^
    >the xxxxxx's replace the name of the person's mailbox.
    >
    >Only thing that comes up in the knowledge base for these errors >refers

    to custom recipients in Ver. 7.2. These are normal >email boxes, just like
    the others, but they are the last 7 >mailboxes. Some were created recently,
    the first couple have >been around and working for over a year.

    >We are on BENT 7.3 build 2570, Exchange server 5.5, NT 40, SP6a
    >
    >Any help is greatly appreciated.
    >
    >Rich Whitmire
    >richw@nospam.blytheco.com
    >(remove nospam to email)
    >--

  3. Re: Couple of errors with Exchange Agent and BENT 7.3

    Thanks a bunch, I finally broke down yesterday and called for tech support. (well,
    asked someone else to call for me And that is exactly what they recommended. I did
    those last night and the problem of the access denied mailboxes is fixed. On the
    subject of the unable to open messages, we were told by a Veritas tech that the
    reason that this happens is when someone forwards an OLE attachment, this file format
    is not supported by BE so it lists it as corrupt. I guess we will have to deal with
    it for now ;(

    Thanks for the reply though, really appreciate it!

    :
    : "Rich Whitmire" wrote:
    : >Well, I have tried just about everything I know of, (Which >isn't a whole
    : lot in this case) and I cannot resolve these >error messages I am getting
    : trying to back up our Exchange >mailboxes..
    : >
    : >First, I get this error trying to back up the "sent Items" out >of one individuals
    : mailbox..
    : >Unable to open the item ?Top of Information >Store?Sent Items?RE:
    : xxxxxxx - skipped.
    : >Unable to open the item ?Top of Information >Store?Sent Items?RE:
    : xxxxxxxxx - skipped.
    : >Unable to open the item ?Top of Information >Store?Sent Items?RE:
    : xxxxxxx - skipped.
    : >Unable to open the item ?Top of Information >Store?Sent Items?RE:
    : xxxxxxxxxxxxx - skipped.
    : >Unable to open the item ?Top of Information >Store?Sent Items?RE:
    : xxxxxxxxxxxxxx - skipped.
    : >Unable to open the item ?Top of Information >Store?Sent
    Items?xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    : - skipped.
    : >
    : > replaces the person's actual name, and >xxxxxxxxx replaces
    : the subject line in the email..
    : >
    : >Every entry that is in his sent items appears this way. >Cleaning out the
    : sent items is only a temporary solution, as we >have done this in the past.
    : As soon as he has items in the sent >items folder, we get these errors.
    : >
    : >Also, we are getting these errors right after we get 200 or so >of the Unable
    : to open errors..
    : >
    : >Access denied to directory ?xxxxxx xxxxxxx.
[...]
    : >--

+ Reply to Thread