media assignment - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on media assignment - Veritas Backup Exec ; I'm a Legato user just coming into the Netbackup domain. I have some Media groups defined, but how does one "assign" new media in the Jukebox to one of those media groups?...

  1. media assignment

    I'm a Legato user just coming into the Netbackup
    domain. I have some Media groups defined, but
    how does one "assign" new media in the Jukebox
    to one of those media groups?

  2. Re: media assignment

    When creating/adding new media, the firsty thing you should do is label
    per local naming stadards. This should place it in the scratch set.
    When BENT needs a scratch tape, it will grab one from there, and place
    that tape in the appropriate media group, based on the job definitions.

    Allen Parsons wrote:

    > I'm a Legato user just coming into the Netbackup
    > domain. I have some Media groups defined, but
    > how does one "assign" new media in the Jukebox
    > to one of those media groups?

+ Reply to Thread