Can't backup NT - Servers - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Can't backup NT - Servers - Veritas Backup Exec ; With Seagate Backup Exec 8.0 (Advanced Server License) we can't backup NT - Servers, they are greyed out. Workstations are no problem. We installed Agent Accelerator on all servers, but that didn't solve the problem. We are using german version ...

  1. Can't backup NT - Servers

    With Seagate Backup Exec 8.0 (Advanced Server License) we can't backup NT
    - Servers, they are greyed out. Workstations are no problem. We installed
    Agent Accelerator on all servers, but that didn't solve the problem. We are
    using german version of Backup Exec on german NT 4.0 with SP 5. Thanks for
    any ideas.

  2. Re: Can't backup NT - Servers

    The same over here With Backup Exec 8.03 (Advanced Server License) English
    but on aal Windows 2000 servers (advanced and "normal")

    Please give me some help

    Filip Heens

    "Ralf" wrote in message

    > With Seagate Backup Exec 8.0 (Advanced Server License) we can't backup NT
    > - Servers, they are greyed out. Workstations are no problem. We installed
    > Agent Accelerator on all servers, but that didn't solve the problem. We

    are
    > using german version of Backup Exec on german NT 4.0 with SP 5. Thanks for
    > any ideas.

  3. Re: Can't backup NT - Servers

    For V8 you MUST purchase and install an NT Agent for each remote server
    OS machine you want to backup. Workstation OS doesn't require the Agent,
    but you'll probably get better throughput with it.

    Ralf wrote:

    > With Seagate Backup Exec 8.0 (Advanced Server License) we can't backup NT
    > - Servers, they are greyed out. Workstations are no problem. We installed
    > Agent Accelerator on all servers, but that didn't solve the problem. We are
    > using german version of Backup Exec on german NT 4.0 with SP 5. Thanks for
    > any ideas.

+ Reply to Thread