Help!! BE V. 8.0 Failed to restore - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Help!! BE V. 8.0 Failed to restore - Veritas Backup Exec ; hAS ANYONE GOT AN IDEA WHAT THIS ERROR means when trying to restore SQL. Restoring data to SERVER . Storage Media #1: " Media created 06/12/00 10:00:06 PM " Backup performed on 6/12/00 at 11:03 PM Backup set #3: " ...

  1. Help!! BE V. 8.0 Failed to restore

    hAS ANYONE GOT AN IDEA WHAT THIS ERROR means when trying to restore SQL.

    Restoring data to SERVER .

    Storage Media #1: " Media created 06/12/00 10:00:06 PM "
    Backup performed on 6/12/00 at 11:03 PM
    Backup set #3: " Penta Backupiff "
    Restore started on 6/14/00 at 3:32:15 PM.

    An error occurred on a query to filegroup cs3demo..PRIMARY.
    ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
    SQL Server returned the following error message:

    One or more of the options is not supported for this statement. Review the
    documentation for supported options.

    ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

    Restore completed on 6/14/00 at 3:35:26 PM.
    Restored 0 filegroup(s) in 1 database(s)
    1 item was skipped.

    Processed 0 bytes in 3 minutes and 11 seconds.
    Throughput rate: 0.0 MB/min

    Job ended: Wednesday, June 14, 2000 at 3:35:26 PM
    Job completion status: Failed

  2. Re: Help!! BE V. 8.0 Failed to restore

    Are you by any chance trying to redirect the SQL output to a different
    server? I had this problem with V7.3. BENT would happily rename the
    database, but would insist on restoreing the mdf and ldf files to the
    original path. I had backed up from E:\MSSQL\DATA\xxx.mdf and was
    trying to restore to a machine that did not have a E: drive.

    No matter what I did, the restore failed. I created a new database with
    the correct names, I tried to let SQL create the new database on the fly
    specifying the D: drive for new databases.

    The only way I got this to work was to find a server withe sufficent
    space on the E: drive and then do data transfer to the intended target
    server.\

    Good Luck!

    Dirosky wrote:

    > hAS ANYONE GOT AN IDEA WHAT THIS ERROR means when trying to restore SQL.
    >
    > Restoring data to SERVER .
    >
    > Storage Media #1: " Media created 06/12/00 10:00:06 PM "
    > Backup performed on 6/12/00 at 11:03 PM
    > Backup set #3: " Penta Backupiff "
    > Restore started on 6/14/00 at 3:32:15 PM.
    >
    > An error occurred on a query to filegroup cs3demo..PRIMARY.
    > ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
    > SQL Server returned the following error message:
    >
    > One or more of the options is not supported for this statement. Review the
    > documentation for supported options.
    >
    > ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
    >
    > Restore completed on 6/14/00 at 3:35:26 PM.
    > Restored 0 filegroup(s) in 1 database(s)
    > 1 item was skipped.
    >
    > Processed 0 bytes in 3 minutes and 11 seconds.
    > Throughput rate: 0.0 MB/min

    > Job ended: Wednesday, June 14, 2000 at 3:35:26 PM
    > Job completion status: Failed

+ Reply to Thread