BE 8.0 and OFO?? will it ever work? - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on BE 8.0 and OFO?? will it ever work? - Veritas Backup Exec ; I've had OFO options since BE 7.3 and I just upgraded to 8.0. The OFO used to fail with many different errors. I upgrading to 8 recently and hoped things would be better. Now the OFO locks up the remote ...

  1. BE 8.0 and OFO?? will it ever work?

    I've had OFO options since BE 7.3 and I just upgraded to 8.0.

    The OFO used to fail with many different errors. I upgrading to 8 recently
    and hoped things would be better. Now the OFO locks up the remote computer
    solid. I NEED the OFO option so is there anything I can do to make this
    work?

    Do they use the OFO code St Bernard software developed or do they use their
    own? The St. Bernard version is used by ARCServe and it was wonderful!

    Any ideas??

    Lannie

  2. Re: BE 8.0 and OFO?? will it ever work?

    "Lannie Schafroth" wrote:
    >I've had OFO options since BE 7.3 and I just upgraded to 8.0.
    >
    >The OFO used to fail with many different errors. I upgrading to 8 recently
    >and hoped things would be better. Now the OFO locks up the remote computer
    >solid. I NEED the OFO option so is there anything I can do to make this
    >work?
    >
    >Do they use the OFO code St Bernard software developed or do they use their
    >own? The St. Bernard version is used by ARCServe and it was wonderful!
    >
    >Any ideas??
    >
    >Lannie

    I have the exact same problem Tell them to please go back to the VINCA agent.
    I had it working perfectly!

  3. Re: BE 8.0 and OFO?? will it ever work?

    "Christopher Rose" wrote:

    >"Lannie Schafroth" wrote:
    >>I've had OFO options since BE 7.3 and I just upgraded to 8.0.
    >>
    >>The OFO used to fail with many different errors. I upgrading to 8 recently
    >>and hoped things would be better. Now the OFO locks up the remote computer
    >>solid. I NEED the OFO option so is there anything I can do to make this
    >>work?
    >>
    >>Do they use the OFO code St Bernard software developed or do they use their
    >>own? The St. Bernard version is used by ARCServe and it was wonderful!
    >>
    >>Any ideas??
    >>
    >>Lannie
    >>

    >I have the exact same problem Tell them to please go back to the VINCA agent.
    >I had it working perfectly!

    I too use the BE8 OFO, and feel it's total junk. It's locked up my server
    on many many occasions. I finally deinstalled it, then reinstalled it. I
    finally gave up and deselected the box to use the OFO during a backup. What
    lousy software !!

  4. Re: BE 8.0 and OFO?? will it ever work?

    Does anybody know if St Bernard's Open File Manager works any better.

    "Derek Seaman" wrote:

    >"Christopher Rose" wrote:
    >>
    >>"Lannie Schafroth" wrote:
    >>>I've had OFO options since BE 7.3 and I just upgraded to 8.0.
    >>>
    >>>The OFO used to fail with many different errors. I upgrading to 8 recently
    >>>and hoped things would be better. Now the OFO locks up the remote computer
    >>>solid. I NEED the OFO option so is there anything I can do to make this
    >>>work?
    >>>
    >>>Do they use the OFO code St Bernard software developed or do they use

    their
    >>>own? The St. Bernard version is used by ARCServe and it was wonderful!
    >>>
    >>>Any ideas??
    >>>
    >>>Lannie
    >>>

    >>I have the exact same problem Tell them to please go back to the VINCA

    agent.
    >>I had it working perfectly!

    >I too use the BE8 OFO, and feel it's total junk. It's locked up my server
    >on many many occasions. I finally deinstalled it, then reinstalled it. I
    >finally gave up and deselected the box to use the OFO during a backup. What
    >lousy software !!

  5. Re: BE 8.0 and OFO?? will it ever work?

    "Derek Seaman" wrote:

    >"Christopher Rose" wrote:
    >>
    >>"Lannie Schafroth" wrote:
    >>>I've had OFO options since BE 7.3 and I just upgraded to 8.0.
    >>>
    >>>The OFO used to fail with many different errors. I upgrading to 8 recently
    >>>and hoped things would be better. Now the OFO locks up the remote computer
    >>>solid. I NEED the OFO option so is there anything I can do to make this
    >>>work?
    >>>
    >>>Do they use the OFO code St Bernard software developed or do they use

    their
    >>>own? The St. Bernard version is used by ARCServe and it was wonderful!
    >>>
    >>>Any ideas??
    >>>
    >>>Lannie
    >>>

    >>I have the exact same problem Tell them to please go back to the VINCA

    agent.
    >>I had it working perfectly!

    >I too use the BE8 OFO, and feel it's total junk. It's locked up my server
    >on many many occasions. I finally deinstalled it, then reinstalled it. I
    >finally gave up and deselected the box to use the OFO during a backup. What
    >lousy software !!

    I have been "debugging" their code with 3rd level tech support since version
    7.3. I see they now have 8.5 in Beta. Could somebody please suggest to them
    that they Fix the version they have before they start work on another!? I
    had 7.3 and the Vinca agents working flawlesslly. I had 1 server that would
    not save it's IDR information. They then made me upgrade to version 8.0 to
    fix that problem. Now none of the OFO works. It either hangs my servers or
    my backup server, either way I got sick of getting called at 3:00 AM to unlock
    servers so I turned it off. Now I'm being offered a "beta" fix for the ofo.
    I've decided there has to be something better! I'm tired of using the lesser
    of the evils!

  6. Re: BE 8.0 and OFO?? will it ever work?

    Perhaps you should try the St Bernard version. Download a trial and see if
    it works better.

    p.s.
    I do not believe they are anywhere near the same code. Seagate used to say
    to use St Bernard's software and then decided to write their own. Obviously
    with much less success.

    "Christopher Rose" wrote:

    >"Derek Seaman" wrote:

    >their

    >>>I have the exact same problem Tell them to please go back to the VINCA

    >agent.
    >>>I had it working perfectly!

    >>I too use the BE8 OFO, and feel it's total junk. It's locked up my server
    >>on many many occasions. I finally deinstalled it, then reinstalled it.

    >>finally gave up and deselected the box to use the OFO during a backup.

    What
    >>lousy software !!
    >>

    >I have been "debugging" their code with 3rd level tech support since version
    >7.3. I see they now have 8.5 in Beta. Could somebody please suggest to them
    >that they Fix the version they have before they start work on another!?

    >had 7.3 and the Vinca agents working flawlesslly. I had 1 server that would
    >not save it's IDR information. They then made me upgrade to version 8.0

    >fix that problem. Now none of the OFO works. It either hangs my servers

    or
    >my backup server, either way I got sick of getting called at 3:00 AM to

    unlock
    >servers so I turned it off. Now I'm being offered a "beta" fix for the ofo.
    >I've decided there has to be something better! I'm tired of using the lesser
    >of the evils!

+ Reply to Thread