BUE 7.3 Logical Media Address Error - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on BUE 7.3 Logical Media Address Error - Veritas Backup Exec ; 2 days in a row, this error pops up during 'Verify,' in the exact same spot during incremental BU. Storage device "HP 2" reported an error on a request to seek to a logical media address. Error reported: No more ...

  1. BUE 7.3 Logical Media Address Error

    2 days in a row, this error pops up during 'Verify,' in the exact same spot
    during incremental BU.

    Storage device "HP 2" reported an error on a request to seek to a logical
    media address.

    Error reported:
    No more data is on the tape.

    I've searched Veritas KB with no help. Does this mean the data is not even
    backed up?

  2. Re: BUE 7.3 Logical Media Address Error

    Did you ever find out what the problem was.
    I seem to have the same thing going on.

    Thanks

    "William F. Gilbert" wrote:

    >2 days in a row, this error pops up during 'Verify,' in the exact same spot
    >during incremental BU.
    >
    >Storage device "HP 2" reported an error on a request to seek to a logical
    >media address.
    >
    >Error reported:
    >No more data is on the tape.
    >
    >I've searched Veritas KB with no help. Does this mean the data is not even
    >backed up?

  3. Re: BUE 7.3 Logical Media Address Error

    see http://seer.support.veritas.com/tnotes/bewnt/199161.htm

    Erik Snowden wrote:

    > Did you ever find out what the problem was.
    > I seem to have the same thing going on.
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > "William F. Gilbert" wrote:
    > >
    > >2 days in a row, this error pops up during 'Verify,' in the exact same spot
    > >during incremental BU.
    > >
    > >Storage device "HP 2" reported an error on a request to seek to a logical
    > >media address.
    > >
    > >Error reported:
    > >No more data is on the tape.
    > >
    > >I've searched Veritas KB with no help. Does this mean the data is not even
    > >backed up?

+ Reply to Thread