Is BackupExec 8.0 supported on a MS Cluster node as non clustered installation? - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Is BackupExec 8.0 supported on a MS Cluster node as non clustered installation? - Veritas Backup Exec ; Is a single Advanced Server Version of BackupExec 8.0 supported to run on one MS Cluster Node? I want to install and run BackupExec locally on one cluster node. I do not need failover protection and I have only one ...

  1. Is BackupExec 8.0 supported on a MS Cluster node as non clustered installation?

    Is a single Advanced Server Version of BackupExec 8.0 supported to run on
    one MS Cluster Node?

    I want to install and run BackupExec locally on one cluster node.
    I do not need failover protection and I have only one local attached non
    shared SCSI DLT library.

    I need BackupExec to back up the cluster node it is installed on, the second
    cluster node, other cluster nodes on 2 different cluster systems (incl. virtual
    MXS and SQL servers) and standalone NT Servers. The cluster node has a local
    attached StorageTek DLT library (2 SCSI busses, 4 DLT7000, 1 Robotics).

    I have Accelerator licences for each server I want to back up.

    I do not want to install a clustered version of BackupExec which requires
    2 licenses and needs a separate tape device on each cluster node or a shared
    scsi tape device.

    Is a local installation of BackupExec on one cluster node supported or do
    I need a clustered installation with 2 licences in any case even a failover
    is useless as there is no tape device present on the second node?

    Will/should IDR work with above described installation?

    Thanks in advance.

  2. Re: Is BackupExec 8.0 supported on a MS Cluster node as non clustered installation?

    we have a similar setup. We installed BE on node 1, and the agent on node
    2. The backup job backsup node1, then node2, the Quorum drive and shared
    data drive via the network.

    "Martin Sitte" wrote:

    >Is a single Advanced Server Version of BackupExec 8.0 supported to run on
    >one MS Cluster Node?
    >
    >I want to install and run BackupExec locally on one cluster node.
    >I do not need failover protection and I have only one local attached non
    >shared SCSI DLT library.
    >
    >I need BackupExec to back up the cluster node it is installed on, the second
    >cluster node, other cluster nodes on 2 different cluster systems (incl.

    virtual
    >MXS and SQL servers) and standalone NT Servers. The cluster node has a local
    >attached StorageTek DLT library (2 SCSI busses, 4 DLT7000, 1 Robotics).

    >I have Accelerator licences for each server I want to back up.
    >
    >I do not want to install a clustered version of BackupExec which requires
    >2 licenses and needs a separate tape device on each cluster node or a shared
    >scsi tape device.
    >
    >Is a local installation of BackupExec on one cluster node supported or do
    >I need a clustered installation with 2 licences in any case even a failover
    >is useless as there is no tape device present on the second node?
    >
    >Will/should IDR work with above described installation?
    >
    >Thanks in advance.

+ Reply to Thread