Scratch Media - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Scratch Media - Veritas Backup Exec ; When I erase a tape, it gets put into "Scratch Media" with an overwrite proetection time of infinite. If I move the tape to one of my media groups, the tape automatically assumes the overwrite protection period of the media ...

  1. Scratch Media

    When I erase a tape, it gets put into "Scratch Media" with an overwrite
    proetection time of infinite. If I move the tape to one of my media groups,
    the tape automatically assumes the overwrite protection period of the media
    group even though I just erased it and there's no data on it.

    After this happens, the backup jobs won't write to it. Am I missing
    something here? Should I just leave the tape in Scratch Media?

  2. Re: Scratch Media

    Yes, leave the tape in scratch. BENT will grab the tape when it needs a
    blank/new tape.

    Todd

    "Michael Hopkins" wrote in message
    > When I erase a tape, it gets put into "Scratch Media" with an overwrite
    > proetection time of infinite. If I move the tape to one of my media

    groups,
    > the tape automatically assumes the overwrite protection period of the

    media
    > group even though I just erased it and there's no data on it.
    >
    > After this happens, the backup jobs won't write to it. Am I missing
    > something here? Should I just leave the tape in Scratch Media?

+ Reply to Thread