I/O Bus was reset - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on I/O Bus was reset - Veritas Backup Exec ; Hello everybody! I am running v. 7.3 revision 2371 with an Archive Python 02279-xxx on an AHA-2940 u/w controller. The drive has been working well for a long time, but recently I am getting an error message "Storage Device "ARCHIVE ...

  1. I/O Bus was reset

    Hello everybody!

    I am running v. 7.3 revision 2371 with an Archive Python 02279-xxx on an
    AHA-2940 u/w controller. The drive has been working well for a long time,
    but recently I am getting an error message "Storage Device "ARCHIVE 0"
    reported an error on a request to write data to media.

    Error Reported: The I/O bus was reset.

    This occurs after backing up about 530mb of data, and it almost always
    occurs after backing up the exact same amount as the time before. The drive
    is on the controller with 1 other disk drive. I have tried cleaning the
    heads, and replacing the tape, but no luck. I am not too familiar with
    backup exec, but I would appreciate any helpful tips.

    Thank you,

    Jody Cohen, MCSE

  2. Re: I/O Bus was reset

    I have never seen this but my guess is that it is a SCSI error. My only
    suggestion is to make sure you have the latest drivers for your SCSI card
    and tape drive.

    Charles Villa

    "Jody Cohen" wrote in message
    > Hello everybody!
    >
    > I am running v. 7.3 revision 2371 with an Archive Python 02279-xxx on an
    > AHA-2940 u/w controller. The drive has been working well for a long time,
    > but recently I am getting an error message "Storage Device "ARCHIVE 0"
    > reported an error on a request to write data to media.
    >
    > Error Reported: The I/O bus was reset.
    >
    > This occurs after backing up about 530mb of data, and it almost always
    > occurs after backing up the exact same amount as the time before. The

    drive
    > is on the controller with 1 other disk drive. I have tried cleaning the
    > heads, and replacing the tape, but no luck. I am not too familiar with
    > backup exec, but I would appreciate any helpful tips.
    >

    > Thank you,
    >
    > Jody Cohen, MCSE

+ Reply to Thread