Is is possible to backup a Unix machine through a Firewall with BE 7.2 - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Is is possible to backup a Unix machine through a Firewall with BE 7.2 - Veritas Backup Exec ; I am looking to backup a Solais 7 machine outside my firewall with the Unix agent for BE 7.2. Is there any way to do this?...

  1. Is is possible to backup a Unix machine through a Firewall with BE 7.2

    I am looking to backup a Solais 7 machine outside my firewall with the Unix
    agent for BE 7.2. Is there any way to do this?

  2. Re: Is is possible to backup a Unix machine through a Firewall with BE 7.2

    i am not sure but i think you need to have a multiserver edition of bent to
    use the unix agent.
    the unix agent uses ip port 6101 so that needs to be open.
    i personally prefer to have a b/u server on the same side of the firewall
    instead of opening anything up.

    Jeremy DeKam" wrote in message

    > I am looking to backup a Solais 7 machine outside my firewall with the

    Unix
    > agent for BE 7.2. Is there any way to do this?

+ Reply to Thread