BENT 7.2 rev.1223 backs up everything no matter what - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on BENT 7.2 rev.1223 backs up everything no matter what - Veritas Backup Exec ; We have Back-Up Exec 7.2 rev 1223 for NT Single Server. (SP4) When I try to select only certain files to back up, the whole drive is back-up instead. This past weekend I added an additional hard drive. Now it ...

  1. BENT 7.2 rev.1223 backs up everything no matter what

    We have Back-Up Exec 7.2 rev 1223 for NT Single Server. (SP4)
    When I try to select only certain files to back up, the whole drive is back-up
    instead. This past weekend I added an additional hard drive. Now it wants
    to back up the array and the new drive even though I only selected one drive
    and excluded the drives I didn't want.

    When I enter exclusions, they don't seem to be saved in the config either.

    I didn't see anything in the knowledge base about this, except instructions
    on excluding items, which I did.

    The tape drive is an HP SureStore DAT24i (C1555C) BE sees it as a C1537A

    Any suggestions?

    Thanks!

    Steve M. Zak

  2. Re: BENT 7.2 rev.1223 backs up everything no matter what

    Never seen this behavior myself, but in any case I HIGHLY recommend
    upgrading to V7.3 Build 2575 - the last free upgrade for V7.2 and V7.3
    users). It is/was by far the most stable of that family.

    BNT73I03 and POST2575 from the downloads page, just install over the top
    of you current 7.2 files.

    "Steve M. ZAk" wrote:

    > We have Back-Up Exec 7.2 rev 1223 for NT Single Server. (SP4)
    > When I try to select only certain files to back up, the whole drive is back-up
    > instead. This past weekend I added an additional hard drive. Now it wants
    > to back up the array and the new drive even though I only selected one drive
    > and excluded the drives I didn't want.
    >
    > When I enter exclusions, they don't seem to be saved in the config either.
    >
    > I didn't see anything in the knowledge base about this, except instructions
    > on excluding items, which I did.
    >
    > The tape drive is an HP SureStore DAT24i (C1555C) BE sees it as a C1537A
    >
    > Any suggestions?
    >
    > Thanks!
    >
    > Steve M. Zak

  3. Re: BENT 7.2 rev.1223 backs up everything no matter what

    Thanks!

    I appreciate the suggestion! A contact at Veritas tech support said the
    same thing.

    I did download the files, plus I have an eval version of BENT 8.0 that I
    may use

+ Reply to Thread