update to catalog index failed - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on update to catalog index failed - Veritas Backup Exec ; Hi, I'm running a problem that is similar to what some of the other posts described. Event logs show errors -- "Update to catalog index (E:\VERITAS\Catalogs\BeTopCat.idx) failed. Reason: Operation is not supported for this type of object. DAO.Workspace d:\be\tadpole\2570r\becat\server\catalogindex.cpp( 283) ...

  1. update to catalog index failed

    Hi, I'm running a problem that is similar to what some of the other posts described. Event logs show errors -- "Update to catalog index (E:\VERITAS\Catalogs\BeTopCat.idx) failed. Reason: Operation is not supported for this type of object. DAO.Workspace d:\be\tadpole\2570r\becat\server\catalogindex.cpp( 283) ".

    Another type of similar error show " Object invalid or no longer set. DAO.Database" after "Reason" in above message.

    At the same time, the "restore selection" doesn't show any records.

    These problems began to happend after we upgraded SQL 6.5 to 7.0. TechNote 202380 and 101213 don't seem to directly apply. Anyone has a fix?

    Ken from Support.Veritas, what do you recommend?

    Richard

  2. Re: update to catalog index failed

    ken looks too busy to help.
    sorry ken...beat ya to it

    exit bent
    stop all bent services.
    delete all files in the catalogs directory EXCEPT for the *.U01 files. (these are the catalogs themselves)
    start bent services and give it a few minutes to reindex the catalogs.
    check the event viewer for a successful catalog reindex
    should be good to go

    "Richard Ding" wrote in message news:39256f11@hronntp01....
    Hi, I'm running a problem that is similar to what some of the other posts described. Event logs show errors -- "Update to catalog index (E:\VERITAS\Catalogs\BeTopCat.idx) failed. Reason: Operation is not supported for this type of object. DAO.Workspace d:\be\tadpole\2570r\becat\server\catalogindex.cpp( 283) ".

    Another type of similar error show " Object invalid or no longer set. DAO.Database" after "Reason" in above message.

    At the same time, the "restore selection" doesn't show any records.

    These problems began to happend after we upgraded SQL 6.5 to 7.0. TechNote 202380 and 101213 don't seem to directly apply. Anyone has a fix?

    Ken from Support.Veritas, what do you recommend?

    Richard

  3. Re: update to catalog index failed

    Richard Ding wrote:

    > Hi, I'm running a problem that is similar to what some of the other
    > posts described. Event logs show errors -- "Update to catalog index
    > (E:\VERITAS\Catalogs\BeTopCat.idx) failed. Reason: Operation is not
    > supported for this type of object. DAO.Workspace
    > d:\be\tadpole\2570r\becat\server\catalogindex.cpp( 283) ".

    have tested the TID: 010-101213 ?

    bye

+ Reply to Thread